Dr. CHAN Yuk Wah (陳玉華)
- Associate Professor, Department of Public and International Affairs
Phone: +852 34426108
BA MPhil PhDCUHK
Dr Yuk Wah Chan is Series Editor of the Routledge Series on Asian Migration (https://www.routledge.com/series/RSAM). Her areas of research cover international migration, borderland, tourism, Vietnam-China relations, identity, and food. Her recent publications include: Diseasescape and immobility governance: COVID-19 and its aftermaths (Mobilities), The politics of sanitization: Pandemic crisis, migration and development in Asia-Pacific (Asian and Pacific Migration Journal), Asian food and culinary politics: Food governance, constructed heritage and contested boundaries (Asian Anthropology) and New Chinese Migrations: Mobility, Home, and Inspirations (Routledge).
Culture and Change in Asia
Asian Migration and the Global Diasporas
Food: Culture, Science and Society
- Tourism, Culture and Development
Vietnamese and Chinese diaspora
Outbound Chinese tourism
Food and culture
Current/Recent Research Projects
Asian Migration and Diaspora
Food Relations in Asia
Editor or Editorial Membership
Journal Special Issue
- Chan, Yuk Wah and Pei-Chia Lan (2022) Special Issue: The politics of sanitization: Pandemic crisis, migration and development in Asia-Pacific, Asian and Pacific Migration Journal 31(3): 205-224.
- Chan, Yuk Wah and James Farrer, eds. (2020) Special Issue: Asian food and culinary politics: Food governance, constructed heritage and contested boundaries, Asian Anthropology 20(1): 1-92.
- Chan, Yuk Wah and Bill Pritchard, eds. (Dec 2016) Special Issue: Food Politics and Relations in East Asia: Food Safety, Resilience and Sustainability, Asia-Pacific Viewpoint 56(3): 295-408.
- Chan, Yuk Wah and Brantly Womack, eds. (Aug 2016) Special Issue: Borderlands in Asia: Emergent Conditions and Relations, Asian Anthropology 15(2): 95-206.
- Wee, Vivienne and Chan Yuk Wah, eds. (2006) The Cultural Economy of Regionalisation, Journal of Contemporary Asia 36(3): 325-405.