LLB, PCLL, LLM (HKU)
Solicitor, Hong Kong (non-practising); Solicitor, England & Wales (non-practising)
Accredited General Mediator (HKIAC)
Peter C.H. CHAN is an Assistant Professor at the City University of Hong Kong Law School. He has published extensively in comparative civil procedure. His main research areas are comparative civil procedure and Chinese civil justice. He is a member of the International Association of Procedural Law and an Invited Fellow of the Maastricht European Private Law Institute. Peter was a Research Guest (April-May 2015) at the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory Procedural Law and a Visiting Professor (in 2013) at the Law Faculty, Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University.
Peter was the Programme Leader of the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws programme (PCLL) in the 2015-2016 academic year. He is the course leader of “Financial Regulatory Practice”, a PCLL elective course.
Peter received his degrees of LLB, LLM and PCLL at the University of Hong Kong. Prior to joining CityU, Peter worked at a leading international firm, specializing in commercial litigation and contentious financial regulatory practice. Peter received his doctorate from Maastricht University in 2016.
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Member, Editorial Board, Hong Kong Lawyer (The Official Journal of the Hong Kong Law Society)
Services outside CityU
- Member, Standing Committee on Legal Education and Training, Sep 2015-present.
- Member, Sub-Committee on English Language Proficiency of the Standing Committee on Legal Education and Training, Sep 2011-present.
- Member, PCLL Conversion Examination Board, Sep 2015-present.
- Volunteer, Stand Tall, May 2009 – present.
- Examiner, Head III, Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination, July 2014 – present.
- Civil Procedure
- Chinese Law
- Comparative Law
- Financial Regulation