K. L. Chan received his MSc degree in Electronics from the University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology, U.K. and PhD degree from the University of Wales College of Medicine, U.K. He is currently an Assistant Professor of the Department of Electronic Engineering, the City University of Hong Kong. His research interests include computer vision and image processing.
- Computer Vision
- Image Processing
Services outside CityU
- 2005 - Now, Professional Review Interviewer, IET.
- 2005 - 2006, Services for Enhancement of MatchFace, Government Laboratory.
- 2003 - 2005, Provision of Research Services for CQM Projects – Database for Automatic Shoeprint Searching and Comparison, Government Laboratory.
Services in CityU
- Jul 2018 - Now, BEng in Computer Engineering / Computer and Data Engineering, Associate Programme Leader.
Project title: Smart Geotechnical Monitoring System
We want to recruit Postdoctoral Fellows (for PhD graduates), Senior Research Assistants/Research Assistants/Interns (for BEng and MSc graduates) who have experience with image processing/computer vision. If you are interested in the project, please contact me.
Project title: Visual information understanding framework with human perception model and machine learning
We want to recruit PhD applicant, Research Assistant (for BEng and MSc graduates) who have experience with image processing/computer vision. We also want to recruit undergraduate student helpers. If you are interested in the project, please contact me.
1. Saliency detection with machine learning (WANG Jingming)
2. Facial expression recognition (ZHENG Yihao)
3. Medical image segmentation with deep learning (TAN Haochen)