Development of a Student Learning Behavior Diagnostic Tool for the "Discovery Enriched Curriculum"
- Lee Ping Lilian VRIJMOED KWAN (Principal Investigator / Project Coordinator)
- Douglas VOGEL (Co-Principal Investigator)Department of Information Systems
- Sung Kay David CHIU (Co-Investigator)Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Paula Yim King HODGSON YUNG (Co-Investigator)
- Chi Kong Terrence LAU (Co-Investigator)Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Kai Pan MARK (Co-Investigator)Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Crusher S K WONG (Co-Investigator)Talent and Education Development Office
DescriptionThis project aims to utilize a mobile device to implement some continuous online learning activities to track students' behavior and participation that infers their attitude toward science discovery by using "natural language processing" techniques. Analysis of data can also be used to track students' cognitive thinking skill and identify separate groups of surface vs. deep learners using social network analysis methods. A prototype on "student learning behavior diagnostic tool" will be developed for timely formative feed-forward I feedback from the teaching team. It will be piloted in two core courses of undergraduate programmes (Applied Biology, Environmental Science and Management) in the Department of Biology and Chemistry in Semester NB of2012-2013.
|Effective start/end date||1/06/12 → 31/08/13|