Continuous and Direct Close-loop Assessment for OBTL Based Programme and Course Improvement and Management
- Houmin YAN (Principal Investigator / Project Coordinator)Department of Management Sciences
- Hon Fu Raymond CHAN (Co-Investigator)Department of Mathematics
- Xiaohua JIA (Co-Investigator)Department of Computer Science
- Tao LI (Co-Investigator)Department of Economics and Finance
- Wing Cheong LO (Co-Investigator)Department of Mathematics
DescriptionThis project aims to investigate the use of a systematic approach in curriculum-learning outcome mapping and assessment planning in order to capture student learning performance, towards the achievement of Programme Intended Learning Outcomes through conducting a well thought-out direct assessment. The collected data, both quantitative and qualitative, will form a feedback loop, beyond the existing OBTL approach, for continuous curriculum improvement/development and pedagogical practices. After implementing this continuous and direct close-assessment, we believe that both the programme and courses can be assessed with respect to individual learning objectives by direct and indirect data. This will benefit students as well as programme management.
|Effective start/end date||1/01/21 → …|