Dr. Zhi NING is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Energy and Environment at City University of Hong Kong. He has very rich experience of urban air pollution research and their impact on air quality, public health and climate change. Dr. Ning studied and worked in Southern California Particle Center in Los Angeles (SCPC), Max Planck Institute in Mainz, Germany (MPI), and Laboratory of Sciences in Climate and Environment in Paris (LSCE) before joining CityU. He has been also very active in technology innovation and development with more than 50 international publications, holding multiple US and China patents in PM2.5 and gas monitoring and control with international award. He is now working with Environmental Protection Department and Department of Health to research and advise the policy formulation in emission control and air quality in Hong Kong, also with Innovation Technology Commission and industries to develop new technologies to monitor and control urban air pollution.
- Combustion sources emission characterization;
- Urban air quality and sensor network;
- Environmental monitoring technology development and application;
- Personal exposure to air pollution and in-vitro investigation.
Dr. Ning's current research focuses ondevelopment of new environmental monitoring technologies and their application in urban air monitoring to understand pollution from sources to microenvironments and personal exposure. His research activities and interests include:
- SEE4211 Air Pollution (Undergraduate)
- SEE4213 / SEE5211 Environmental Data Analysis (Postgraduate)
- SEE5212 / SEE8220 Air Pollution Measurement Theories and Techniques (Postgraduate)
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.