Dr. GUAN Yuyan (官玉燕)
PhD - Accounting (University of Toronto)
MBA - Investment (University of Miami)
BA - International Finance (Xiamen University)
Dr. Guan's current research focuses on the use of accounting and financial information in the capital market, aiming at deriving empirical implications for investors, accounting practitioners and regulators. Dr. Guan has research work published in Journal of Accountng and Economics, The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, Journal of Contemporary Accounting Research, and China Journal of Accounting Research.
- Analyst Forecast
- Earnings Management
- Corporate Governance
- International Accounting
- Executive Compensation
Services in CityU
|9/2013 - 8/2014||Departmental Staffing Committee||Committee|
|9/2012 - 8/2014||College Graduate Studies Committee||Committee Member|
|9/2012 - 8/2013||MsCPACG programme||Deputy Admission Tutor|
|9/2011 - 8/2013||Department Research Committee||Committee member|
|9/2009 - 8/2011||Departmental Learning and Teaching Committee||Committee member|
|9/2008 - 7/2010||Qualifying Panel of the Ph.D. student (Wang Ran)||Panel member|
Participating in or organising a conference / an event
- Guan, Y. Y., L. Su, D. Wu and Z. F. Yang (1-2 November 2013), "Do School Ties between Aduitors and Client Executives Influence Auditi Quality?", presented at China Capital Market Accounting and Finance Research Symposium, Shanghai University of Finance & Economics, Shanghai, China.
- Chen, Z. H., Y. Y. Guan and B. Ke (4-5 July 2013), "The short-swing rule and insider trading in Hong Kong listed firms", presented at 21st Pacific Basin Finance Accounting Economics and Management (PBFEAM) Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Chen, D., Y. Y. Guan, T. Y. Zhang and G. Zhao (August 2012), "Political Connection of Financial Intermediaries: Evidence from China’s IPO Market", presented at 2012 Annual Meeting of American Accounting Association, Washington, D. C., USA.
- Chen, Z., Y. Y. Guan and B. Ke (August 2011), "Does managerial stock option compensation increase shareholder value in state-controlled Chinese firms listed in Hong Kong?", presented at 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association, Denver, USA.
- Callen, J., Y. Y. Guan and J. Qiu (August 2011), "The market for corporate control and accounting conservatism", presented at 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association, Denver, USA.
- Guan, Y. Y., F. Wong and Y. Zhang (16-17 June 2011), "Analyst Following Along the Supply Chain", presented at 10th Anniversary London Business School Accounting Symposium, London Business School, London, United Kingdom.
- Callen, J., Y. Y. Guan and J. Qiu (26-29 May 2011), "The market for corporate control and accounting conservatism", presented at Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) Annual Conference 2011, Toronto, Canada.
- Callen, J., Y. Y. Guan and J. Qiu (20-22 April 2011), "The market for corporate control and accounting conservatism", presented at 34th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, Rome, Italy.
- Callen, J., Y. Y. Guan and J. Qiu (14-15 October 2010), "The market for corporate control and accounting conservatism", presented at Rotman Accounting PhD Program 10 Year Anniversary Conference, Rotman School of Management, Toronto, Canada.
- Guan, Y. Y., H. Lu and F. Wong (19-21 May 2010), "Global Settlement and Star Analysts' Career Choices", presented at 33rd Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Guan, Y. Y., H. Lu and F. Wong (19-22 August 2009), "Conflict-of-Interest Reforms and Analysts' Research Biases", presented at European Finance Association 36th Annual Meeting, Bergen, Norway.