Professor Yun CHI received his bachelor degree from National Tsing Hua University in 1978 and doctoral degree under Prof. John R. Shapley from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1986. After spending one year as postdoctoral fellow, he joined the Department of Chemistry, National Tsing Hua University as associate professor in 1987 and promoted to professor in 1991. He was awarded the Academic Award and the National Chair Professorship of Taiwan in 2006 and in 2011, and Permanent National Chair Professorship in 2016.
1. MOE Scholastic Prize from National Research Council of Taiwan (2006)
NSC/NRC Eminent Researcher (2008).
2. Academic Award of the Ministry of Education of Taiwan (2006).
3. National Chair Professor of Taiwan (2011-2014).
4. Chair Professor of Y. Z. Hsu Memorial Foundation (2013).
5. Elected Academician of the Asia Pacific Academy of Materials (2013).
6. Scholastic Medal of the Chinese Chemical Society in Taipei (2014).
7. Permanent National Chair Professor of Taiwan (2016-2018).
Prof CHI’s current research interests were focused on the photophysical and opto-electrical properties of organic and organometallic materials, design of transition-metal phosphors for organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) and evaluation of sensitizers and hole transporting materials for dye sensitized solar cells (DSSC) and Perovskite solar cells (PSC).