Dr. Yum Keung Kwan joined the department as an Associate Professor in July 1998 after teaching at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and the University of Chicago. Dr. Kwan received his PhD in economics from the University of Minnesota. He has published in the Journal of Comparative Economics, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Monetary Economics, and Pacific Economic Review, covering a variety of topics in macroeconomics, econometrics, and Hong Kong and Chinese economy.
- Hong Kong and Chinese Economy
- International Finance
- Y K Kwan (2006), "The direct substitution between government and private consumption in East Asia", NBER Working Paper, No. 12431..
- Y K Kwan and Larry D Qiu (2003), "The ASEAN+3 trading bloc", East Asian Bureau of Economic Research, Australian National University, Trade Working Papers, No. 196..
- Y K Kwan and Francis T Lui (1996), "Hong Kong's currency board and changing monetary regimes", NBER Working Paper, No. 5723..
Participating in or organising a conference / an event
Presented Conference Papers
- Y K Kwan (23-25 June 2005), "The Direct Substitution between Government and Private Consumption in East Asia", presented at the 16th East Asian Seminar on Economics, National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), Manila, Philippines.
- Leonard K Cheng, Yum K Kwan and Francis T Lui (1999), "Risk premium, currency boards, and attacks on the Hong Kong dollar", American Economic Association Meetings, New York.
- Francis T. Lui, Leonard K Cheng and Yum K Kwan (1999), "An alternative approach to defending the Hong Kong dollar", American Economic Association - Chinese Economists Society Joint Session, New York, USA.