Dr. Pun graduated with first class honours from University College, University of London, and was awarded a Faculty of Engineering Scholarship to carry out Ph.D. study at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. After graduation, he worked at General Electric Company (GEC) Research Ltd., Hirst Research Centre, England, and became a group leader in the Compound Semiconductor Laboratory working on semiconductor laser diodes. He then joined Thorn EMI Central Research Laboratories as a Principal Research Engineer in the Applied Optics Department, leading a team working on integrated optical devices. In 1988, he joined the Department of Electronics at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. In 1992, he joined the City University of Hong Kong, and is at present a Chair Professor in the Department of Electronic Engineering. He was the Acting Dean of the College of Science and Engineering from August 2009 to August 2010. He has authored over 230 journal papers,145 conference papers, and given over 15 invited presentations. His research interests include photonic materials and devices, micro- and nano-fabrication, integrated optical devices, rare earth doped glasses, polymers, lithium niobate crystals, nanophotonics and plasmonics.
Dr Pun is a Senior Member of the IEEE, past Chairperson of the IEEE Joint Chapter on CAS/COM, Hong Kong, AP/MTT/LEOS, Hong Kong, and Founding Chairperson of the Hong Kong LEOS Chapter (Photonics Society now) . He has served in the Technical Programme Committee of the European Conference on Integrated Optics (ECIO), European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC), Integrated Photonics Research (IPR), Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), and SPIE Conferences on Optoelectronics and Integrated Optical Circuits.
- Glass materials and devices
- Polymer materials and devices
- Lithium niobate materials and devices
- Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) - based biopolymer materials and devices
- Prof. ZHANG Delong (Tianjian University)
- Prof. LIN Hai (Dailin Polytechnic University)
- Prof. ZHOU Jun (Ningbo University)
- Prof. K. W. Cheah (Baptist University)
- Prof. A. Ho (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Dr A.C.Y. Wong (Dept of Biology and Chemistry)
- Dr Johnny C Ho (Dept of Physics and Materials Science)
- Dr S.T, Chu (Dept of Physics and Materials Science)
- Prof K.S. Chan (Dept of Physics and Materials Science)
- Prof K.M. Luk (Dept of Electronic Engineering)
- Prof C.H. Chan (Dept of Electronic Engineering)
- Mr Lin Shanxin
- Mr Zhou Bo
- Mr Tsang Kwok On
- Mr Chen Baojin
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.