Dr. Sun obtained his bachelor and master degrees in thermal energy and power from Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU) and in refrigeration and cryogenics from Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) in 2003 and 2006 respectively, and he received his PhD degree in building services engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2010. Before he joined in City University of Hong Kong in 2014, he was a postdoctoral research fellow at the Department of Building Services Engineering, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Dr. Sun’s current research focuses on urban decarbonization, renewable energy smart applications, immersion cooling technologies for data centers, and zero carbon buildings.
- Urban decarbonization and high-density city renewable energy use
- Coordinated demand response control for smart grid
- Data center immersion cooling
- Data mining for building energy management
- Complex HVAC system design and control