Dr. LOW Yiu Tsang Andrew (羅耀增)
DipSW(PolyU HK), MA(Hull UK), DipSW (CCETSW UK), Cert Parent Ed. (CUHK HK), PhD(Bristol UK)RSW, CCETSW
- Assistant Professor, Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- 2006 - 2010, Private Practice Social worker, Family therapy. individual counselling, school talks, leadership training, parenting programmes.
- 1993 - 2006, Assistant Social Work Officer, Children & Youth Centre. School Social Work Service, Hot line Counselling Service, Integrated Children and Youth Centre.
- Parenting Programmes
- Parent-adolescent conflicts
- School Social Work Service
Services in CityU
- Dec 2013 - Now, MSSC Counselling Practicum, Counselling Practicum Coordinator.
- Aug 2010 - Now, BSSSW Social Work Overseas Internship , Coordinator.
- 2014 - Now, MSSC, Counseling Practicum Group Supervision.
- 2014 - Now, BSSSW, Social Work Evaluation.
- 2013 - 2014, BSSSW, Practice Inquiry Laboratory.
- 2012 - 2014, BSSSW, Team Building and Group Work Skills Laboratory.
- 2012 - Now, BSSSW, Working With Groups Tutorial.
- 2011 - Now, BASW, Inquiry Into Social Work Practice.
- 2010 - Now, BSSSW, Field Work Teaching.
Before moving into social work education in 2010, Dr. Low worked for Seventeen years as a registered social worker in a range of different settings in Hong Kong, including school social work, hot-line counselling service, children and youth centreservice and being a centre-in-charge of an Integrated Children and youth Centre. He also worked four years as a private practice social worker mainly providing parenting programmes, leadership training programme and preventive programmes in varies primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong. He also rendered family therapy, marital counseling and individual counseling to community.
Dr. Low teaches a range of courses in social work programme and counseling programme at City University of Hong Kong. This includes school social work, group work tutorials, team building and group work skills laboratory, self-development laboratory, management and supervision in social services, inquiry into social work practice, social service evaluation and parent education and support. He is also the coordinator of Practicum of the entire department covering Masters of Social Work, Masters in Counseling, and Bachelor in Social work courses. He is also the coordinator of Overseas Social Work Internship of Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work Course.
His main research interests are in evaluation of preventive interventions. This includes areas like indigenous parenting programme in Chinese culture, positive youth development programme in school settings, suicide prevention programme in school settings etc. He has completed studies like evaluation of cognitive behavioral programme for teenagers and children in school setting to reduce their anxiety problem. He has also completed a qualitative study on the evaluation of positive development programme in school setting. Currently he is doing a study on the evaluation of suicidal prevention programme in school setting.