Prof. WANG Xun-Li (王循理)
In Professor Wang's Group, we apply state-of-the-art neutron and synchrotron scattering techniques to study the structure and dynamics of advanced materials. The experiments are designed in Hong Kong, but the students will travel to world-leading neutron and synchrotron sources to carry out the measurements. For more information about Professor Wang’s group, please visit www.wangxl.hk.
We seek high-quality students to work on the following research topics,
- Deformation in high-entropy alloys
- Structure and phase transformation in amorphous alloys
- Phonon dynamics in amorphous alloys
More details of the research topics can be found at www.wangxl.hk/research. A strong background in material physics or materials science is required. Prospective students should contact Professor Xun-Li Wang on topics of interest and preparation of the application materials.
All admitted students will receive a generous financial support. Currently, the stipend for PhD student is HK$17,510 (~US$2,245) per month.
Outstanding applicants are encouraged to apply for the “Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS).” HKPFS is a prestigious scholarship established by the Government of Hong Kong to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue PhD study at renowned institutions in Hong Kong. The Fellowship provides the following financial support,
- Stipend: HK$26,600 (~US$3,410) per month
- Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship, HK$81,096 (~US$10,396)
- Conference and Research-Related Travel Allowance: HK$13,300 (~US$1,705) per year
- Additional academic awards, allowances, and subsidies are available
To apply, please visit https://www.sgs.cityu.edu.hk. The deadline for application is December 1, 2020.