Dr. LIU’s research interests center around network science, artificial intelligence and their applications in social and economic settings such as social network analysis, diffusion of innovation, online public opinion and cryptocurrencies, etc.
I come from an interdisciplinary background: a Bachelor of Science degree in Internet and multimedia technologies and a Ph.D. degree in network science, both from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Before joining CityU, I was an associate professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Southeast University, China.
I am currently affiliated with Prof. Jonathan Zhu's Web Mining Laboratory and Prof. Ron Chen's Centre for Complexity and Complex Networks. I'm also involved in an InnoHK R&D initiative, the Laboratory for AI-Powered Financial Technologies.
My research group studies human behaviors in web3 and the dark web with computational social science methods. Post-doc and data scientist/engineer positions (with an opportunity of pursuing doctoral degree) are available.
- Computational Social Sciences
- Cryptocurrency and Dark Web
- 刘肖凡、李正龙，“群组间消息传播路径挖掘方法与系统”，中国发明，专利号 ZL 2017 1 01154048.7
- 刘肖凡、李正龙，“一种基于在线社交平台群聊数据对群成员进行关联的系统及方法”，中国发明，专利号 ZL 2016 1 0482435.3
- 庆光蔚、王会方、丁树庆、冯月贵、刘肖凡、高逸夫、胡静波、冯文龙、韩郡业、张军、米涌、王建华、梁秉、方铭杰，“一种基于最小加权时间距离的电梯救援站点最优选址方法”，中国发明，专利号 ZL 2017 1 0236990.2 （国家市场监管总局2020年度市场监管科研成果二等奖）
- 蔡成委、韦志群、刘肖凡，“一种基于用户画像动态轨迹模型的广告推荐方法及系统”，中国发明，公开号 CN108665083A，公开日2018年10月16日。
- COM3203 - Digital and Data Journalism for Bachelor students
- COM5507 - Social Media Data Acquisition and Processing for MA students
- COM5508 - Media Data Analytics for MACNM students
- COM8010 - Computational Social Science Methods for research students