Howard Leung is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at City University of Hong Kong. He received the B.Eng. degree in Electrical Engineering from McGill University, Canada, in 1998, the M.Sc. degree and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University in 1999 and 2003 respectively. Throughout his graduate studies, he was with the Advanced Multimedia Processing Lab. His current research interests include Pattern Recognition, Multimedia and Image Processing, Brain Informatics, Intelligent Tools for Chinese Handwriting Education, 3D Human Motion Analysis and Retrieval, Web-Based Learning Technologies. He is also supervising the 3D Motion Capture Laboratory. At present, he is the Treasurer of Hong Kong Web Society.
- Howard Leung (guest editor) and Cha Zhang, ACM 2009 Workshop on Ambient Media Computing Part II: Media Data Integration (MDI 2009), co-located with the 2009 ACM International Conference on Multimedia, ACM, 2009
- Frederick W.B. Li and Howard Leung (guest editor), International Journal of Distance Education Technologies, Special Issue on Advanced e-Learning Technologies and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, April – June 2009.
- Howard Leung (contact volume editor), Horace H.S. Ip, Oscar C. Au, Ming-Ting Sun and Wei-Ying Ma, Advances in Multimedia Information Processing – PCM 2007, LNCS 4810, Springer, 2007.
- Howard Leung (contact volume editor), Qing Li, Frederick Li and Rynson Lau, Advances in Web Based Learning – ICWL 2007, LNCS 4823, Springer, 2007.
- 21st Annual Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2008), Best Paper (runner up), Sep. 2008
- Hong Kong ICT Awards 2007: Best Lifestyle (Social and Spiritual Wellbeing), Certificate of Merit, Jan. 2008
- Sixth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC 2007), Lotfi Zadeh Best Paper Award, Aug. 2007
- International Conference on Web-Based Learning (ICWL2004), Best Presentation Howard Leung and Taku Komura, Aug. 2004
- Government of Quebec, Graduate Scholarship FCAR, 1998-1999
- James McGill Scholarship, McGill University, 1995-1998
- McGill University, Dean’s Honor List, 1996-1997
- McGill University, J.W. McConnell Award, 1996-1997
- Canadian Euclid Mathematical Contest, Gold medal, 1995
- American High School Mathematics Examination, 1st Place in Quebec, 1995
- International Mathematical Olympiad Qualifying Exam, 6th position, 1994
- Canadian Descartes Mathematical Contest, Gold medal, 1994
- Canadian Mathematical Olympiad, 4th prize, 1994
- Canadian Invitational Mathematical Competition, Gold medal, 1994
- Concours Mathématiques du Québec, Gold medal, 1994
- Canadian Fermat Mathematical Contest, Gold medal, 1994