Wenjun Zhang studied physics and materials science at Lanzhou University, PR China. (B.Sc. 1988, M. Sc. 1991, Ph.D. 1994). He was a post-doc at the Fraunhofer institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films (FhG-IST) in Braunschweig, Germany, from 1995 till 1997. He became a research fellow in City University Hong Kong from 1997 till 1998, then spent two years in National Institute for Research in Inorganic Materials (NIRIM), Japan as a Science and Technology Agency (STA) Fellow. In December 2000 he joined City University Hong Kong again as a senior research fellow. He is now a Professor in the Department of Physics and Materials Science, and he is also the deputy director of the Center Of Super Diamond and Advanced Films (COSDAF).
Prof. Zhang has been served as guest editor of Advanced Materials, associate editor of Nano-Micr Lett. (Springer), editorial board member of Scientific Reports, and international advisory panel member of Materials Research Express (MRX) by The Institute of Physics (IOP). He has chaired/co-chaired The 68th IUVST Workshop: Multifunctional Surface Engineering for Advanced Energy Applications (2012), The 11th Cross-Strait Workshop on Nano Science and Technology (CSWNST11, 2014), and International Conference on Biomedical Application of Nanomaterials (ICOBAN2015).
Prof. Zhang is appointed as a Visiting Professor in Siegen University, Germany; Guest Professor in Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry (CAS), Hefei University of Technology, Soochow University; and Cuiying Guest Professor (萃英讲席教授), Lanzhou University, PRC.
- Thin film technology
- Diamond and superhard materials
- Surface and interface analysis
- Nanomaterials and nanodevices
- S. Matsumoto, W.J. Zhang, "Cubic boron nitride films and its synthesis methods" US patent# 6383465; Japanese patent# P2001-302218A; and European patent# EP1114792A2.
- S.T. Lee, W.J. Zhang, I. Bello, C.Y. Chan, “Fabrication of Single Crystal Diamond Tips and their arrays”, US patent No 6902716, 7 June 2005.
- S.T. Lee, W.J. Zhang, Y.S. Zou, I. Bello, K.L. Ma, K.M. Leung, Y.M. Chong, “Surface acoustic wave (SAW) devices based on cubic boron nitride/diamond composite structures” US patent No. 7579759, 25 Aug. 2009.
- I. Bello, W.J. Zhang, S.T. Lee, “Cubic boron nitride/diaomond (cBND) composite layers” US Patent No. 7,645,513 B2, 12 Jan. 2010
- W.J. Zhang, S.T. Lee, I. Bello, K.M. Leung, H.Q. Li, Y.S. Zou, Y.M. Chong, and K.L. Ma, “Ultrahard multilayer coating comprising nanocrystalline diamond and nanocrystalline cubic boron nitride” US Patent No. 8007910, 30 Aug. 2011.
- W.J. Zhang, S.T. Lee, I. Bello, Y.S. Zou, Y.M. Chong, Q. Ye, “Method of Fabrication of Cubic Boron Nitride Conical Microstructures” US Patent No: 8158011, 17 Apr. 2012.
- S.T. Lee, W.J. Zhong, I. Bello, Y.S. Zou, “Method of making diamond nanopillars” US patent No: 8101526B2, 24 Jan. 2012.
- X.F. Chen, W.J. Zhang, “Micro-nanoneedle patches to mechanically disrupt biological membranes for drug/gene delivery” US Patent Application No. 20130171722, Oct. 2011.
- W.J. Zhang, Z.Z. Lu, H. Wang, C.S. Lee, Scattering screen systems, methods of manufacture and application thereof, U.S. Patent Application No. 13/905,644, May 30, 2013.
- P.F. Wang, W.M. Liu, W.J. Zhang, S.T. Lee, “Synthesis and application of pyrazolo[3,4-b]pyridine coumarin derivatives (吡唑啉吡啶并香豆素荧光染料衍生物及其合成方法和用途)”, Chinese Patent No. CN101368003B, 14 Sept. 2011..
- P.F. Wang, Y.B. Zhou, W.M. Liu, W.J. Zhang, “Synthesis of single-crystal silicon wafers with superhydrophobic surfaces (表面具有超疏水性纳米硅线阵列的单晶硅片及其制备方法)”, Chinese Patent No. CN101845661B, 11 Jul. 2012.
- P.F. Wang, W.M. Liu, Q. Dai, W.J. Zhang, S.T. Lee, “吡唑啉吡啶并苯并香豆素荧光染料衍生物及其合成方法和用途” Chinese Patent No. CN101525497B, 4 Jul. 2012.
- P.F. Wang, M.H. Lan, W.M. Liu, J.S. Wu, J.C. Ge, W.J. Zhang, “The synthesis and applications of a ratiometic fluorescent chemical sensing material(一种荧光比色化学敏感材料及其合成方法和应用)” Chinese Patent No. CN102533253B, 4 Jun. 2014.
- P.F. Wang, M.H. Lan, W.J. Zhang, W.M. Liu, J.C. Ge, “The application of multifuctional carbon quantum dots as a fluorescent brighter (一种多功能碳量子点作为荧光增白剂的应用)” Chinese Patent, Application No. CN201410217228.6.
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.