I am a Professor in the Department of Computer Science at City University of Hong Kong. I received BSc degree from Wuhan University, Master of Engineering degree from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1984 and 1989, respectively, and Ph.D degree from The Australian National University (ANU) in 1998, all in Computer Science. Prior to joining City University of Hong Kong, I was a Professor at The Australian National University.
My research interests include wireless sensor networks, Mobile Edge Computing (MEC), Network Function Virtulization (NFV), Internet of Things (IoT), design and analysis of approximation algorithms and online algorithms, parallel and distributed algorithms, combinatorial optimization and graph theory. I have been actively publishing papers in the prestigious journals (e.g., TON, TMC, TPDS, TC, TCOM, TWC, JPDC, Theoretical Computer Science) and conferences (e.g., INFOCOM, ICDCS, IPDPS, ICPP, PerCom). I am an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Communication.
Current Research Interests
- Wireless sensor networks and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) and cloud computing
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Approximation and online algorithms
- Design and analysis of parallel and distributed algorithms
- Social networks and graph databases
- Graph theory