Dr. TSANG Wai Ming Peter (曾偉明)
Ph.D. The University of Hong Kong, OSA member
- Digital Holography
Optical Scanning Holography
Dr. Tsang received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering in 1978, his M.Phil. degree in 1981 and his Ph.D. degree in 1987 from the University of Hong Kong. He joined the City Polytechnic of Hong Kong as a Lecturer in 1986 and is currently an Associate Professor (University Senior Lecturer) in the Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong (formerly known as the City Polytechnic of Hong Kong).
In the early part of his academic life, his research interests are in the areas of Ultrasonic Non-destructive Testing, Signal Processing, Computer Vision, and Image Processing. In 1995, he was awarded the Best Paper Prize in the IEE International Conference on Genetic Algorithms in Engineering Systems. Afterwards, he had started his investigation on the Three Dimensional Television (3DTV) technology, and had become the inventor of a wireless 3D display adapter. Starting from 2009 onwards, Dr. Tsang had been actively engaged in the research on Digital Holography and 3D technology. He has been given the Excellence Product Award in the China Hi-Tech Fair in 2010 and 2013 on holographic related products. Apart from his own research interest, Dr. Tsang has taken up in various academic activities such as participating in program committee and presiders of international conferences, and reviewer for international journals and conferences. He is currently serving as a Topical Editor of the Applied Optics (OSA), Guest/Associate Editor of the IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics, an Editor of the ICT Express (Elsevier), and an Advisory Editor of the Asian Journal of Physics.
- Invited speaker OSA Digital Holography and Three-Dimensional Imaging, Heidelberg, Germany, July 2016.
- Invited speaker Shanghai University, June 2016.
- Keynote speaker ICCCS 2015, Nov. 2015, Daegu, South Korea, Nov. 2015.
- Invited speaker International Symposium on 3D Imaging, Metrology, and Data Security 3DIM-DS, Shenzhen, Sept. 2015.
- Invited speaker The 11th Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics Pacific Rim, August 24-28, Bushan, Korea, Aug. 2015.
- Invited speaker SPIE Photonics Asia 2014, October 2014.
- Invited speaker Collaborative conference on 3D Research (CC3DR), Incheon, South Korea, June 2014.
- Invited speaker International Conference on Advanced Display Technology held in 13-15, Beijing, May 2014.
- Invited speaker ICCCS 2014, Daegu, South Korea, Nov. 2013.
- Invited speaker NIMS Workshop 2013, Daejong, South Korea, Oct. 2013.
- Invited speaker Collaborative conference on 3D Research (CC3DR), Jeju, South Korea, June 2013.
- Invited speaker Collaborative conference on 3D Research (CC3DR), Seoul, South Korea, June 2012.
- Invited speaker SPIE Photonics Asia 2012, Beijing, Nov. 2012.
- Invited speaker ICCCS 2012, Daegu, South Korea, Nov. 2011.
- Invited speaker OSA Digital Holography and Three-Dimensional Imaging, Tokyo, Apr. 2011.
- Invited speaker ICCCS 2012, Daegu, South Korea, Nov. 2009.