Dr. LEUNG Wai Keung John (梁偉強)
PhD - Industrial Engineering (University of Wisconsin - Madison)
MS - Industrial Engineering (University of Wisconsin - Madison)
MS - Computer and Information Science (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Associate Professor, Department of Marketing
Dr. Leung is currently the Director of Executive MBA program, and an Associate Professor of Marketing at City University of Hong Kong. He has also worked at Department of Management Sciences as an Associate Professor for eight years between 1993-2001. Between 1997-2000, he was the Deputy Director of IT Center for reengineering. He was a winner of the 8th Teaching Excellence Award. He is currently a columnist of Singtao in Hong Kong and is contributing articles in the areas of quality management to China Entrepreneur Magazine in China.
He earned his PhD and MS in Industrial Engineering from the University of Wisconsin at Madison and his MS in Computer and Information Science at Georgia Institute of Technology.
Prior to joining City University, Dr. Leung was an Operations Executive of American Express responsible for reengineering the credit authorization process and optimizing the operations policies for the authorization centers worldwide.
As a Senior Consultant of Eastman Kodak, Dr. Leung was responsible for developing and conducting corporate training courses that focused on improving and controlling the quality of large-scale systems development. His clients included Bell Northern Research (BNR), IBM, Fedex (Federal Express), Lucent Technology, Gilman Engineering, and other Fortune 500 companies.
Dr. Leung has also actively provided consultation and training for more than 80 local companies in Hong Kong such as Hong Kong Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of China, Hong Kong International Terminal, Hong Kong Post, St. Honore's Cake Shop, Vitasoy, Sun Hung Kai Property Development, Civil Service and Training Development Institute and SGS (International) Ltd.
Dr. Leung's current research interests are: service strategy and quality management, business process improvement, and customer retention strategy.
- Service delight
- Service quality management
- Process management
- Simulation methodology applications
- Assembly systems performance optimization
Participating in or organising a conference / an event
Presented Conference Papers
- J. W.K. Leung (Jul 2005), "A Structured Approach to Achieve Service Quality in a Non-profit organization", presented at the Fourth International Conference on Information and Management Sciences, Kunming.
- J Leung and K K Lai (June 1995), "Optimisation of Buffer Allocation in Automatic Assembly Systems", presented at the TIMS XXXIII Singapore.
- J. Leung & K.K. Lai (1990), "Applications of Simulations in Operations Management in Hong Kong Printing Industry", presented at the Conference of IFORS, Greek.
- C.T. Li, M.K. Chin, K.M. Chan & J. Leung (1988), "Isokinetic Muscular Testing of the Hong Kong National Soccer Team-A Physiological and Clinical Profile", presented at the Olympic Scientific Congress, Seoul.
- K.K. Lai & J. Leung (1987), "Risk Analysis for Real Estate Investment Appraisal", presented at the 3rd National Conference on the Theory and Applications of Decision Making, China.
- K.K. Lai & J. Leung (1987), "A DSS of Floor Space Allocation for a Shopping Mall", presented at the IMACS/IFORS Colloquium on DSS and Expert Systems, Manchester, England.
- K.K. Lai & J. Leung (1987), "Application of Simulation with Graphical Display in Traffic Flow Control Problems", presented at the Edingburg’87, Scotland.
- A. Thesen & J. Leung (March 1983), "Implementing Large Software in Micro-computer", presented at the Computer and Industrial Engineering Conference.
- Leung, John W K and Kenneth Kwong (2006), "A Structured Approach to Describing Services for Creating a Delightful Experience", The 36th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Taipei, Taiwan, 20 – 23 June 2006, 4829-4838.
- J. W.K. Leung (Jun 2004), "Putting Theory into Practice – a consultancy learning approach", The Third International Conference on Information and Management Sciences.
- Leung, J W K, Xiande Zhao and K K Lam (1999), "Design and Implementation of a bachelor of business administration in program at City University of Hong Kong", 5th International Conference organized by Decisions Sciences Institute, Athens, Greece.
- Leung, J W K and Lai K K (1999), "Staff Scheduling of a Multi-national Express Service: A Practical Statistical Approach", at APIEM 99, Japan.
- J. Leung and K K Lai (1996), "Pallets Optimisation of Closed-loop Asynchronous Assembly Systems", Lecture Notes in Operations Research, Vol. 2, Operations Research and its Applications, World Publishing Corporation, p 641-648, ed. Ding-Zhu Du.
- J. Leung (1987), "A Comparison of Tandem-gated and Tunnel-gated Strategies for installing Parallel Stations", AUTOTECH’87, Hong Kong.
- J. Leung (1987), "Simulation Analysis of Automatic Assembly Systems with Tandem-gated Stations", invited presentation in the China-Japan Reliability Symposium, Shanghai, China.
- J.L. Sanders & J. Leung (April 1, 1984), "Optimal Performance Characteristics for parallel stations in Automatic Transfer Line", published in the Transactions of the ASME International Conference on Computing in Mechanical Engineering, p. 247-252.