Dr. CHOW Tin Tai (周天泰)
BSc(Eng), MSc(Eng), MBA, CEng, FCIBSE, FASHRAE, FHKIE, RPE
I received my Bachelor and Master degrees in mechanical engineering from the University of Hong Kong, my MBA from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and my PhD from the ESRU (Energy Systems Research Unit) of the University of Strathclyde in Scotland. I am currently the Associate Professor and Director of the Building Energy and Environmental Technology Research Unit of the Division of Building Science and Technology, College of Science & Engineering. I served in many prestigious conferences as committee members and invited speakers, like as the Chairman of the 4th International Conference on Indoor Air Quality, Ventilation and Energy Conservation in Buildings (IAQVEC 2001), and the General Co-Chair of the 2nd International Conference on Remote Sensing, Environment and Transportation Engineering (RSETE 2012). I have had guest professorship in a number of universities, such as the Hunan University and the University of Science and Technology of China. My publications are over 260 in books, journals and conference proceedings etc., including more than 130 international academic journal articles.
Building Energy and Environment
- 2007 First Class Prize in the Progression of Science and Technology Award by the State Ministry of Education, China
- 2007 Second Class Prize in the Science and Technology Award, Anhui Province Municipal Government, China
- Hybrid photovoltaic/hot-water solar collector, Mainland China (CN 1716642 granted September 2010)
- Solar heat absorbing window, United States (registered May 2009) and Mainland China (registered May 2010)
Selected Consultancy Projects
- 2010 Energy saving of HVAC system through chiller plant optimization for the SHK Centre
- 2008 Assessment of greenhouse gas emission and development of measures for greenhouse gas control and removal
- 2008 Ideal home online: residential household energy modelling, ranking & web based application development for CLP Ltd.
- 2008 Study of energy performance of 3M solar window films applied on window glass
- 2008 Energy consumption review of existing chiller plant at Nan Fung Center
- 2005 Technical review of feasibility study of combined heating, cooling and power of Wuhan Xi-Sin New District
- 2003 Ventilation study of MTRC Choi Hung Park & Ride Public Transport Interchange
- 2002 Thermal comfort study of function rooms at HK Convention & Exhibition Center
- 2001 Energy modeling for implementation study for district cooling scheme at South East Kowloon Development
- 2001 Investigating performance of HVAC system for Headquarter of Hong Kong and China Gas Co. Ltd.