Sylvester Adasi Manu is currently a Finance Ph.D. student at City University of Hong Kong. He conducts primarily empirical research in banking, financial institutions, and corporate finance. He is the founder of Xcel Scholar, an organisation that provides scholars with information related to their education.
He received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Cape Coast, Ghana and his MS in Finance from Xiamen University, China. He grew up in Kumasi, Ghana where he spent 25 years of his life and now lives in Hong Kong.
- Financial Institutions
- Corporate Finance
- The Outstanding Academic Performance Award for Research Degree Students, School of Graduate Studies, City Univ. of Hong Kong, 2017/2018
- Cert. of Merit (Outstanding Performance) on the “Teaching Students First Steps” Course School of Graduate Studies Award, City Univ. of Hong Kong, 2017/2018
- Hong Kong Government Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Award, 2017 - 2020
Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship, City University of Hong Kong, 2017 - 2018
- Chinese Government Scholarship [Master Program], 2015 - 2017
- University of Cape Coast School of Business Dean’s Excellence Award, 2013