Prof. Steven WANG
BEng (The University of Melbourne), PhD (Monash)
- Associate Vice-President (RP), Office of the Vice-President (Talent and International Strategy)
- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Associate Professor, Affiliate, School of Energy and Environment
At CityU, Steven’s group aims to initiate practical engaged solutions to the real-world issues that combine different disciplines. In particular, we aim to tackle the heat/fluid/flow problems using experimental, computational and theoretical approaches. Steven won the Newcastle IFS (Institute of Sustainability) grant in 2017. Steven was a Victoria Fellow (2014), winner of ETH seed grant (2016), awardee of a prestigious Victoria Postdoc Fellowship. Steven is also an international advisor of two fluid and energy centres located in Japan.
- Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Advanced Materials for Engineering Applications
- Indoor Air and Ventilation
- Multiphase Flows for Engineering Applications
- 2021 “Game-changer Competition- Winner” 2021 Asian Conference on Emergency Medicine.
- 2021 “Chun Wo Innovation Student Awards 2020 (CWISA) -Two PhD students: Ling Chen and Xiaoxue Yao” 俊和學生創新獎. Gold Award (金奬).
- 2021 “HK Tech 300 Seed Fund ” CityU.
- 2021 “ASM Technology Award 2021 ” ASM. Outstanding Award (Student: Lo Wai Kin).
- 2021 “Chun Wo Innovation Student Awards 2020 ” 俊和學生創新獎.. 'Two PhD students: Ling Chen and Xiaoxue Yao”. 優異獎 - 最佳工程解決方案大獎 The Merit Award - The Best Engineering Solution Award .
- 2021 “The 7th Hong Kong University Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition” 香港大學生創新及創業大賽. Green Fog Harvester - Merit Award(優異獎).
- 2018 “Newcastle Teaching Award ” Newcastle University, United Kingdom.
- 2022 “ Gold Medals with Congratulations of the Jury ” the 48th Geneva International Exhibition of Inventions. (a joint project with Prof. Zuankai Wang, 10 out of 800).
- 2022 “CENG Outstanding Teaching Award” CENG, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2022 “Silver Medal” the 48th Geneva International Exhibition of Inventions .
- 2016 - 2019, Lecturer/Assistant Professor, Newcastle University, United Kingdom.
- 2015 - 2016, Postdoc Fellow, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- 2014 - 2015, Postdoc Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.