Prof Dennis S.W. WONG, PhD is currently Professor of Criminology & Social Work at Department of Applied Social Sciences, and Acting Dean of College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, City University of Hong Kong. His areas of teaching and research are criminology, youth studies, parents-child relationships, conflict management, and restorative justice. Dennis is honorary consultant on youth drugs abuse, school bullying, and offenders’ rehabilitation for governmental organizations in Hong Kong, Macau, and Singapore. He also serves as board member for a number of non-governmental organizations. Apart from publishing articles in local and international journals, he has published five books related to youth delinquency, school bullying, alternative to prosecution, mediation, and restorative justice.
- Juvenile delinquency
- Youth values
- Bullying and school violence
- Restorative justice
- Parent-child relationship
International Research Appointments
- Research Fellow, Research Institute of Restorative Justice, China University of Law and Political Sciences, Beijing, since 2008.
- Adjunct Researcher, Institute of Crime Prevention and Control, Nanjing University, China, since 2003.
Services outside CityU
- 2013 - 2015, Chairman, Executive Committee, Hong Kong Council, Church of Christ in China.
- 2012 - 2014, Member, Regional Leadership Team, Prison Fellowship International.
- 2011 - Now, Chairman, Board of Directors, Excel Life and Development Services.
- 2011 - 2014, Member, Presidium of General Assembly, Asian Criminological Society.
- 2008 - Now, President, The Hong Kong Juvenile Delinquency Research Society.
- 2006 - 2007, Honorary Advisor, Hong Kong Police College.
- 2005 - 2008, Member, AIDS Advisory Council - Community Forum.
- 2003 - Now, Honorary Advisor, The Association of Principals of Secondary Schools, the Hong Kong Council of the Church of Christ in China.
- 2003 - 2006, Member, Community Health Services Governing Committee, Haven of Hope Christian Service.
- 2002 - 2008, Member, Action Committee against Narcotics.
- 2001 - Now, Associate Fellow, Research Society of Juvenile Delinquency, Macau.
- 2001 - 2006, Member, Management Committee of Red Ribbon Centre for AIDS Prevention.
- 2000 - Now, Approved Manager, Central School Board, the Church of Christ in China.
- 2000 - 2005, Chairman, Social Services Committee, the Church of Christ in China.
- 2000 - Now, Member, Board of Directors, Centre for Restoration on Human Relationships.
- 1999 - Now, Approved Manager, Hop Yat Church Primary School.
- 1999 - Now, Member, Board of Directors, Wu Oi Christian Drug Rehabilitation Services.