Prof. WU Qi (吳琦)
Associate Professor (Tenured), Research Degree Coordinator, School of Data Science
PI, CityU-JD Digits Laboratory in Financial Technology and Engineering
Program Leader & PI of Program I - AI-Driven Financial Service, Laboratory for AI-Powered Financial Technologies Limited (HKAIFT)
Executive Committee, Hong Kong Institute of Data Science
- Associate Professor, School of Data Science
Qi WU is an associate professor in the School of Data Science of City University of Hong Kong. His research interests center on financial engineering and quantitative finance. His earlier work include term structure modeling, stochastic volatility, tail risk analysis, and fixed income markets. He is currently researching semi-parametric risk forecast, negative interest rate models, pricing and matching in sharing platforms, and data-driven models for credit risk.
His past industrial experience inlcudes developing pricing models for managing correlation exposure between sovereign credit risk and currency risk at Lehman Brothers; pricing & risk-managing portfolios of interest rate derivative consisting of vanilla swaptions and callable exotics in a market-marking capacity at UBS; as well as methdology team lead of fixed income analytics for central clearing of USD cash securities and lightly structured debt instruments at the world largest clearing house DTCC. Most recently, he engages with leading global fintech companies on developing data-driven financial services.
- Quantitative Finance
- Financial Technology
- Business Analytics
- Applied Probability
- HKRGC - GRF, “Generative Models of Multivariate Dependence for Asset Retu, Amount: HKD $952,494, 2021 - 2023, Qi WU (sole-PI).
- AIR@InnoHK, ITC, Laboratory for AI-Powered Financial Technologies LTD(HKAIFT), Amount: HKD $272,000,000, 2020 - Now, Qi WU (PI of Program I - AI-Driven Financial Service).
- HKRGC - GRF, "Risk-Potential Framework for Dynamic Portfolio Selection", Amount: HKD $869,898, 2020 - 2022, Qi WU (PI), Xiao QIAO (Co-I).
- CityU New Research Initiatives/Infrastructure Grant, “Interpretable Machine Learning Methods for Financial Risk M, Amount: HKD $1,066,560, 2019 - 2021, Qi WU (sole-PI).
- JD Finance Strategic Collaboration & Contract Research, “Fundamental Research of Financial Technology and its Strate, Amount: HKD $10,182,590, 2019 - 2023, Qi WU (sole-PI).
- HKRGC - GRF, "Studies on Margin Procyclicality - the Impact of Volatility, Amount: HKD $582,000, 2018 - 2020, Qi WU (sole-PI).
- HKRGC - GRF, "Asymptotic Analysis of Portfolio Tail Risk and the Diversif, Amount: HKD $482,605, 2017 - 2019, Qi WU (sole-PI), Heng SUN (Co-I), Bank of New York Mellon.
- HKRGC - Early Career Scheme, "Low-dimensional Modeling of Collateralized Term Structure w, Amount: HKD $656,737, 2015 - 2018, Qi WU (sole-PI).
- CUHK Faculty of Engineering Direct Research & Startup Grant, “Interest Rate Derivative Modeling in the Post-Crisis Era”, Amount: HKD $300,000, 2013 - 2015, Qi WU (sole-PI).
Services outside CityU
- Jan 2019 - Now, Member of Expert Review Panel, Hong Kong R&D Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management Enabling Technologies (LSCM).Hong Kong.
Services in CityU
- Sep 2022 - Now, SDSc School Graduate Studies Committee, Chairman.
- Sep 2022 - Now, Univerisity Committee - Board of Graduate Studies (BGS), the ex officio member.
- Jul 2022 - Now, SDSc Research Degree Coordinator, ..
- 1 Jul 2019 - Now, SGS Academic Conduct Committee, Member.
- Sep 2018 - Now, Hong Kong Institute of Data Science, Member of Executive Committee.