- CFD simulation
- Mesh generation
- CAE software development
- Aircraft Gas Turbine Engine design and optimization
- Fluid Mechanics
Dr. Penghao Duan obtained his DPhil degree from the University of Oxford. Before joining the University of Oxford, he studied for his master’s degree at ETH Zürich and wrote his master's thesis at the MIT Gas Turbine Lab as a ZKS-funded visiting scholar. He completed a dual bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering at Tongji University and Politecnico di Milano.
His research focuses on novel algorithms to reduce the computational cost in high-fidelity, multi-scale and multi-disciplinary CFD simulations and the development of the aero-engine-related CAE software. He served as the track chair of the Global Power and Propulsion Society (GPPS) 2022 and the review organizer of the Chinese International Turbomachinery Conference 2022.
- 2021-present, Adjunct Professor (part-time), Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- 2021--2022, Postdoc, University of Oxford
- 2022, ASME IGTI Turbo Expo Early Career Engineer Travel Award
- 2019, ASME IGTI Student Advisory Committee Travel Award
- 2019~2020, Graduate scholarship in Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford
- 2015, Birkigt Scholarship of ETH Zürich
- 2014, Zeno Karl Schindeler Scholar Grant