Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, US, 2009
B.S., Electronics and Information Systems, Wuhan University, China, 2002
City University of Hong Kong
July 2016 - Present
Associate Professor (with tenure). Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Nov 2011 – June 2016
Assistant Professor. Department of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Jan 2010 – Nov 2011
Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; Department of Biological Engineering.
Sept 2004 – Dec 2009
Graduate Research Assistant. Department of Biomdical Engineering.
Sept 2006 – May 2007
Graduate Teaching Assistant. Department of Biomedical Engineering.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Supervior Award, City University of Hong Kong, 2019
- Special Recognition of Young Scholars, World Cultural Council, 2018
- Outstanding Supervior Award, City University of Hong Kong, 2017
- President Award for Research Excellence, City University of Hong Kong, 2017
- 1000 Young Talent Award, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016
- Simons Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010-2011, One of the 11 recipients of this year )
- Outstanding Abstract Award, Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting (2009)
- Chinese Oversea Student and Scholar Entrepreneurship Competition, Finalist (2008)
- Graduate Student Fellowship, Columbia Univeristy (2004 – 2009)
- Ren-Ming Excellence Award, Wuhan Unviersity (2001)
- High-throughput Screening
- Single Cell Based Analysis
- Biomaterials and Bioelectronics