Main Research Activities
- Actively involved in Tribology research for over two decades.
- Developed an efficient and robust technique for the measurement of a wide lubricating film thickness range from micro to nanometers.
- Currently studying on lubrication system with film thickness ranging from micro to nano scales.
Rolling element bearings
- Life of rolling ball bearings in contaminated conditions through tailored experiment, microscopy and finite-element modeling.
- New lubrication mechanism for bearings running under zero entrainment condition.
- Successfully developed a novel lubrication means to facilitate effective lubrication of parallel faces – a common feature in micro/nano systems based on the principle of interfacial slippage between the fluid and solid surfaces.