Main Research Activities
- Actively involved in Tribology research for over two decades.
- Developed an efficient and robust technique for the measurement of a wide lubricating film thickness range from micro to nanometers.
- Currently studying on lubrication system with film thickness ranging from micro to nano scales.
Rolling element bearings
- Life of rolling ball bearings in contaminated conditions through tailored experiment, microscopy and finite-element modeling.
- New lubrication mechanism for bearings running under zero entrainment condition.
- Successfully developed a novel lubrication means to facilitate effective lubrication of parallel faces – a common feature in micro/nano systems based on the principle of interfacial slippage between the fluid and solid surfaces.
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.