Creativity has been a fascinating research topic for me as it often opens up new opportunities for interdisciplinary as well as cross cultural study.
Dr. Anna Hui is currently an associate professor and also the coordinator of the BDSS First Year Experience at the Department of Applied Social Sciences, City University of Hong Kong. Research interests include creativity and innovation; motivation and self-regulation, gifted and creativity education, lifespan development in creativity. She also serves as the Chairperson of the Ad Hoc Committee of Reviewing the Curriculum Guide of Early Childhood Education, Curriculum Development Council of the Education Bureau, HKSAR.
- Coordinator of BDSS First Year Experience
- 1991 - 2008, Assistant Director, Center for Child Development, Hong Kong Baptist University.
Creativity and Innovation; Motivation and Self Regulation; Gifted Education; Lifespan Development
Services outside CityU
- Jan 2015 - Dec 2016, Chairperson, Ad Hoc Committee on Reviewing Early Childhood Education Curriculum Guide, Curriculum Development Council, Education Bureau.HKSAR.
- Sep 2012 - Aug 2015, Chairperson, Curriculum Development Council - Gifted Education Committee.HKSAR.
- 2008 - Now, Chairperson, Treats.Hong Kong.
- 2008 - Now, Chairperson, Ming Ri Institute for Arts Education.Hong Kong.
- 2008 - Now, Executive Committee Member, Hong Kong Committee on Children's Rights.Hong Kong.
Services in CityU
- Jul 2013 - Now, MSSPSYED, Program Leader.
- Sep 2008 - Jun 2012, SS Dept, Foundation Year Coordinator.
Research / Thesis Supervision
- Sep 2015 - Now, Supervisor of Doctoral Student - Ms. Yifan Lyu.
- 2013 - Now, Co-Supervisor of Doctoral Student - Miss Sharon Ingrid Kwok.
- 2014 - Now, Postgraduate, SS5762 Managing the Inclusive Classroom.
- 2013 - Now, Postgraduate, SS5760 Foundations of Inclusive Education.
- 2012 - Now, Bachelor, CLA1601/1602 Individuals and Society.
- 2012 - Now, Bachelor, GE1216 Loving Work and Working to Love.
- 2009 - Now, Bachelor, SS2023 Basic Psychology I.
- 2009 - 2013, Bachelor, SS2028 Basic Psychology II.
- 2009 - Now, Postgraduate, SS5755 Applying Psychology to Contemporary Issues.
- 2008 - 2013, Bachelor, GE2203 Psychology for Young Professionals.
- 9 Aug 2013 - 13 Aug 2013, Sue-Chan, C., Lam, J. H. M., Lu, L., & Hui, A. N. N. Antecedents and consequences of team engagement. In M. J. Woodwark & G. H. Seijts (Chair), International perspectives on the relati, Orlando, FL, USA.
- 23 Jun 2013 - 29 Jun 2013, Hui, A. N. N. Creativity & leisure: An activity and engagement perspective. In A. N.N. Hui (Chair), Creativity & leisure in Asian societies: An interdisciplinary and lifespan approach. S, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- 23 May 2013 - 26 May 2013, Hui, A. N. N., & Law, K. Relationship between creative self-efficacy, group cohesiveness, empowering leadership, individual employee and group creativity. In A.G. Tan (Chair), Creativity:, Washington, D.C., USA.
- 1 Dec 2012, Hui, A. N. N., Yeung, D. Y., Sue-Chan, C., Cheng, S. T., Chan, K. W., & Hui, D. C. Antecedents of consumption in creative and cultural economy: Applying the theory of planned behavior., Taipei, ROC.
- 9 Nov 2012 - 11 Nov 2012, Hui, A. N. N., & Liang, E. Creativity as a reserve capacity in older adults and a virtue in positive psychology. Symposium presentation in the Second China International Conference , Beijing, China.
- 13 Aug 2012 - 14 Aug 2012, Hui, A. N. N. Is relational theory a better answer to the Chinese psychology of creativity? Invited address in Creativity for Life Conference: Beyond Cultural & Disciplinary Bounda, Singapore.
- 8 Jun 2012, Hui, A. N. N., Yeung, Y. L., Sue-Chan, C., & Cheng, S. T. Team processing and creative self efficacy in professionals of creative and non-creative industries. Paper presentation at the, Hong Kong.
- 1 Jun 2012, Hui, A. N. N. Creativity development and arts education in young children. Invited address at the Annual Meeting of Pacific Early Childhood Education Research Association (Hong Kong) , Hong Kong.
- 2 May 2012 - 7 May 2012, Hui, A. N. N. Effect of drama in education. Invited presentation at the Cross Strait Drama in Education Seminar, Hong Kong, Changzhou, & Kaohsiung.
- 1 Apr 2012 - 5 Apr 2012, Chan, K., Hui, A., & Cheng, S.T. Perception of age and creativity in the workforce context. Paper presentation at the International Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference, Vienna, Austria.
- 15 Dec 2011 - 18 Dec 2011, Hui, A. N. N., He, M. W. J., & Lee, K. Y. M. Arts learning experience and creativity in primary schoolchildren. Paper presentation at the World Education Research Association & Tai, Kaohsiung, ROC.
- 20 Nov 2011 - 24 Nov 2011, Hui, A. N. N. , Chan, K. W., Cheng, S. T., Hui, D. C., Sue-Chan, C., & Yeung, D. Y. The creative intention influenced by age, social norm and creative self efficacy. Poster ses, Boston, MA, USA.
- 20 Nov 2011 - 24 Nov 2011, Hui, A. N. N., Chan, K. W., Cheng, S. T., Hui, D. C., Sue-Chan, C., & Yeung, D. Y. Creative intention, participation in creative & cultural activities, and quality of life in older , Boston, MA, USA.