- International strategic alliances
- Ownership, technology transfer
- Corporate governance
- Organizational learning
Participating in or organising a conference / an event
- Yan, Yanni and Tseng Choo Sin (2008), "An Empirical Investigation of Corporate Investments for International Hotels", presented at the China Oxford Business & Economics Conference, June 22-24.
- Yan, Yanni and Tseng Choo Sin (2008), "An Empirical Investigation of Business Reinvestment and its Effectiveness in International Joint Ventures: Growth, Competence, and Market Competitiveness", presented at 8th International Business Research Conference, March 27-28, 2008, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Yan, Yanni (Best Paper Award 2008), "Business Investment as Corporate Development and Control Factors in the Performance of Sino-Foreign Firms", presented at British Academy of Management.
- Yan, Yanni and Tseng Choo Sin (September 2007), "An Analysis of Managerial Discretion in International Joint Ventures and its Impact on Performance", presented at British Academy of Management.
- Yan, Yanni and Tseng Choo Sin (June 24-26), "An Empirical investigation of corporate investment for international hotels in China: business growth, management competence, and market competitiveness", presented at Oxford Business and Economics Conference Program, UK.
- Yan, Yanni and Tseng Choo Sin (2007), "Exploitation of Relationship-based Capabilities in Chinese Firms", presented at China and the World Economy, UK.
- Yanni Yan and Tseng Choo Sin (December 8-10), "The Transfer of Organizational Practices in High Technology Firms: Corporate Culture, Formalization and Business Targeting", presented at EAMSA 2005 Annual Conference, Germany, 306-325.
- Yan, Yanni and Tseng Choo Sin (Best award on the Research Paper 2006), "A study of resource competitiveness in high technology firms", presented at Fifth International Business and Economy Conference, Hawaii, January 5-8.
- Yanni Yan (June 26-28,2005), "Firm-specific Advantages and Firm Performance: Corporate Culture, Formalization and Business Targeting", presented at The Fourth Global Conference of Business and Economics, UK.
- Yan, Yanni (2004), "Firm-specific Advantages and Firm Performance: A Study of Local Business practices in Chinese Multinational Firms", presented at EURAM July (competitive paper), Section Chair in global, national and local practices in multinational corporations, UK.
- Yan, Yanni (September 2003), "Nationwide Business, Decision Reporting Control and Market Performance: An Empirical Study of High-Tech Firms", presented at British Academy of Management, United Kingdom.
- Yan, Yanni (June 28th - July 2nd, 2002), "Corporate culture, institutional and traditional influence on hotel management in China", presented at the Academy of International Business 2002. Annual Meeting (Competitive paper), USA.
- Yan, Yanni (June 23-27, 2002), "Learning and Internalization of Organizational Commitment in International Joint Ventures", presented at the Hawaii International Business Conference, USA.
- Yan, Yanni (November 16-19, 2001), "Content and contextual factors on internalization of companies' investment learning perspective in Sino-British joint venture", presented at the Academy of International Business 2001, <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: SimSun; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Annual Meeting </SPAN>, Australia.
- Yan, Yanni (September 5-7, 2001), "The importance of investors' resources in international joint venture decision-making: the control perspective", presented at the British Academy of Management, United Kingdom.
- Yan, Yanni (July 2000), "Knowledge transfer through international strategic alliances: the role of organizational learning", presented at the Academy of International Business. Asian Turmoil: challenges and Opportunities for local and international business in the Asia Pacific region, Hong Kong, China.
- Yan, Yanni and John Child (2000), "Organizational learning and decision-making in international joint venture: a contextual analysis", presented at the Academy of International Business annual meeting Arizona, USA.
- Yan, Yanni (2000), "An analysis of strategic determinants in international joint ventures: Does learning affect its decision-making", presented at the "Critical contributions to managing and learning: 2nd connecting learning and critique conference, Lancaster University, United Kingdom.
- Yan, Yanni (December 1999), "Ownership Resourcing and Value Chain in International Joint Ventures - The Case of the Electronic and FMCG Sectors", presented at the Inaugural Conference of the Asia Academy of Management.