Ir Dr Alan Fong obtained his bachelor (1996) & master degree (2004) in Hong Kong Polytechnic University and his PhD (2015) in De Montfort University, Leicester, UK. Before he has joined City University of Hong Kong in August 2007, he has over fifteen years practical experiences in the building services consultancy and contracting industry. He is expert in system design and project management of building services systems installation involving institutional, infrastructural projects, hotel, industrial, offices, commercial and residential development in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China.
His mission is to broaden student’s interest and horizon on aspect of building services, energy and fire engineering by means of his academic knowledge, intensive design practical experience, management and real-life industrial worldwide practices related to building development services engineering.
- BEng (1996) in Building Services Engineering, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- MSc (2004) in Construction and Real Estate Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- PhD (2015) in De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
- MCIBSE CEng (1999) (Member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers)
- MHKIE (Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers in Building Services (2000), Fire (2006), Energy (2014) Disciplines)
- MASHRAE (2001) (Member of American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- RPE (2001) Registered Professional Engineer (Building Services Discipline)
Life cycle cost analysis, building energy efficiency, thermal comfort, air distribution strategy.
Education Grants (internal)
Research Grants (internal)
Other Grants (internal)
5/2014, As supervisor of Graduate- Mr. Lai Chun Tak (2011 cohort) won the first prize (Tertiary Institution Category) of Samsung Smart Education competition named "Samsung Solve for Tomorrow" contest by designing new energy-saving ventilation and air conditioning system and awarded a total HK$350,000 of cash and Samsung's product.