Dr. HO Man Yee (何敏儀)
Ph.D. (Psychology), CUHK
M.Phil (Psychology), CUHK
B.A. (Psychology), University of Queensland
Dip. (Social Work), CityUHK
Dr. Man Yee HO, is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences at City University of Hong Kong. She obtained her Ph.D. in Psychology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She was a Fulbright Research Scholar to the Psychology Department of Virginia Commonwealth University, USA. She is a registered social worker (RSW) with a professional background in social work practice and counselling. Before joining CityU, she was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Special Education and Counselling at the Education University of Hong Kong. She taught courses in human behaviour and diversity, introduction to psychopathology, emotional intelligence, happiness: interdisciplinary perspectives and positive psychological health and well-being. Her research interest lies in the area of forgiveness and forbearance, emotion and self-regulation, well-being, cross-cultural psychology, and virtues and characters.
Award and Achievement
2011 “Fulbright Junior Research Scholar Award” RCG-Fulbright Hong Kong Scholar Program.
2007 “Travel Fellowships” Gallup Positive Psychology Institute.
- 2013 - 2016, Assistant Professor, Education University of Hong Kong.
- 2009, Part-time Visiting Associate, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- 2008 - 2009, Research Associate, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- 2006 - 2007, Part-time Lecturer, City University of Hong Kong.
- 1998 - 2002, Social Worker, The Hong Kong Society for the Aged .
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Full Member - American Psychological Association
- Full Member – International Positive Psychology Association
- Associate Fellow – Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- Registered Social Worker - Social Work Registration Board
Services outside CityU
- One Circle SEN Parents Ministry
- Australian Journal of Psychology
- Europe’s Journal of Psychology
- Journal of Happiness Studies
- Journal of Social and Personal Relationship
- Stress and Health
- 2018 – Present Member of Academic Conduct & Student Discipline Committee
- 2018 - Present Member of Scholarship and Mentoring Outstanding Students
- 2018 - Present Member of Department Research Ethics Committee
- 2016 - 2018
- Deputy Programme Leader in the Master of Social Sciences (Counselling) programme
- 2018 - Present Course Leader in the Master of Social Work programme
- 2016 - Present Course Leader in the Bachelor of Social Work programme
- 2016 - Present Personal Tutor in the Bachelor of Social Work programme
- 2021 - Invited Guest Speaker, Psychology Meets Faith, Saddleback Church (Hong
- 2021 - Invited Guest Speaker, How to Enhance Children’s Social Emotional
- Wellness, Mighty Charity
- 2021 - Invited Guest Speaker, Love and Couple Relationship, Saddleback Church
- 2019 - Invited Guest Speaker, Adolescents Mental Health, Fu Hong Society
- 2018 - Invited Guest Speaker, Adolescents’ Well-Being and Chinese Tea Ceremony,
- Shatin Baptist Church
- 2018 - Invited Guest Speaker, Filial Piety and Well-Being, Filial Piety Association
- 2017 - Invited Guest Speaker, Chinese Tea Ceremony and Character Education,
- Education Bureau
- 2017 - Invited Guest Speaker “Positive Youth Development and Chinese Tea
- Ceremony, Truth Baptist Church Youth Enhancement and Service Centre
- 2015 - 2019 - Sunday School Teacher, Evangelical Community Church
- Social Emotional Wellness Workbook
- Forgiveness and Romantic Relationship
- A New Measure of Forbearance
- Resilience of Parents of Children with SEN
- Tea Therapy & Well being
- Tea Therapy & Character Development