Dr. AN Kyoung Jin Alicia (安京珍)
PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (MHKIE), Registered Korea Civil Engineer, Member of the Association of Energy Engineers (MAEE), Certified Carbon Auditor Professional (CAP), Member of the International Water Association (IWA)
- Assistant Professor, School of Energy and Environment
Dr. An received her PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). Her dissertation on sludge minimization mechanism in Oxic-Settling-Anaerobic process in wastewater treatment system was well received and cited. Since 2009, Dr. An has extended her research and education career with Sustainability concept at the University of Tokyo, Japan. She has conducted several research projects and field work focused on sustainable water management and urban development.
Dr. An’s research focus is on developing sustainable water resource including desalination, membrane distillation and rainwater harvest.
- Emerging membrane processes: membrane distillation (MD), forward osmosis (FO), and hybrid system for wastewater nutrient recovery and treatment
- Novel seawater desalination technologies using Membrane Technology: MD, FO and Adsorption desalination (AD)
- Optimization and improvement of pre-treatment for algae removal and biofouling control in seawater reverse osmosis systems
- Nanocomposite membrane for Emerging pollutant removal
- Membrane fabrication: organic, inorganic, magnetic and hybrid composite
- Rainwater harvesting and utilization
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.