Dr Kwok Wai Chung's research interests include dynamical systems, nonlinear dynamics, limit cycles, bifurcation and chaos, generation of symmetrical patterns. He received his PhD from the University of York (UK) in 1989. He is currently the major leader of BSc in Computing Mathematics.
- Dynamical system
- Nonlinear dynamics
- Limit cycles
- Generation of symmetrical patterns
The following aesthetic patterns are generated by using equivariant and invariant mappings. For detailed construction of the mappings for the creation of exotic patterns, please see the papers on automatic generation of symmetrical patterns.
Smaller and smaller
Symmetry of the modular group
Participating in or organising a conference / an event
- Chan, H. S. Y., Chung, K. W. and Xu Z., Calculation of Limit Cycles, ICNM-III, Shanghai, P. R. China, 597–601, 1998.
- Chan, H. S. Y., Chung, K. W. and Li, J. B., Bifurcations of Limit Cycles in Zq-Equivariant Planar Vector Fields of Degree 5, in Proceeding of the International Conference on Foundations of Computational Mathematics in honor of Professor Steve Smale's 70th Birthday, 61–83, 2002.
- Xu, J., Chung, K. W., Ge, J. H. and Huang, Y., Delay-induced Hopf Bifurcation and periodic solution in a BAM network with two delays, the proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN 2009), C. Alippi et al. (Eds.), Cyprus, Part II, LNCS 5769, 534–543, 2009.
- Bellizzi, S, Chung, K W and Hu, K, Vibration absorption with a nonlinear absorber including time delay, in the Second International Conference on Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis (CSNDD 2014), Agadir, Morocco, May 2014.
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.