K. L. Chan received his MSc degree in Electronics from the University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology, U.K. and PhD degree from the University of Wales College of Medicine, U.K. He is currently an Assistant Professor of the Department of Electrical Engineering, the City University of Hong Kong. His research interests include computer vision and image processing.
- Computer Vision
- Image Processing
Services outside CityU
- 2005 - Now, Professional Review Interviewer, IET.
- 2005 - 2006, Services for Enhancement of MatchFace, Government Laboratory.
- 2003 - 2005, Provision of Research Services for CQM Projects – Database for Automatic Shoeprint Searching and Comparison, Government Laboratory.
Services in CityU
- Jul 2018 - Now, BEng in Computer and Data Engineering, Associate Programme Leader.
Project title: Smart Geotechnical Monitoring System
Project title: Visual information understanding framework with human perception model and machine learning
1. Facial expression recognition with deep learning
2. Multi-target multi-camera tracking
3. Saliency detection with deep learning