Mr. YAP Kwok Keung Kevin (葉國強)
M. Arch MSc(urban Planning) MRTPI, MBIAT, GMHKIA
The expertise of mine as an urban planner and designer and a natural lover cannot enable me to strengthen my research under the existing context and programmes of BST. The problem is that there is an extremely large gap between research and teaching at BST. Teaching has little to do with research at BST Division. While the University has greatly emphasized upon research performance, the sort of “low profile and second class research has been a stumbling block to University recognition.
Hence, it is a rather sad story of mine but life goes on. I have developed a variety of interests from botany, Chinese medicine, from languages of at least ten countries and 3 fluent local dialects to social science of urban planning and city development, from conservation to renewal. Hopefully, these could all be able to share my knowledge with students and colleagues.
- Urban Design and Planning
- Sustainable Development
- Urban Renewal and Urban Conservation
- Urban Greening
- Xue, Charlie Q. L. and Kevin Manuel, Chinese Architecture 1985-2005 -- A study of its mechanism, methodology, constraints and prospects, Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Competitive Earmarked Research Grant, (CityU 1053/00H), Research Grant Council, Hong Kong government, HK$ 408,817, September 2000-- May 2003, Final report submitted in November 2004
- Xue, Charlie Q. L. Xue, Kevin Yap and Wang Jun, Building and Urban Space in a City's Celebrative Event - A Study on the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai, Strategic Research Fund from City University of Hong Kong, No.7002605, $180,000, May 2010 - April 2011
- Xue, Charlie Q. L., Kevin Manuel and Issac K C Ng, Redesign of the derelict city area—an alternative urban design model for Hong Kong, Strategic Research Fund from City University of Hong Kong, No. 700947-720, HK$ 235,000, August 1999 — September 2001
- Sustainable Street, 2002-03, $44000. Sponsored by Division Teaching Research Grant