Dr. CHAN Kwok Hong Raymond (陳國康)
PhD Sociology (Essex)
MA Social Service Planning (Essex)
M Online Ed (USQ)
Grad Cert Open & Distance Learning (USQ)
Cert Psychotherapeutic (Derby)
RSW, Hong Kong Social Workers Registration Board
- Social Risk and Social Policy
- Life course social policy
- Comparative Social Policy in East Asia
- Labor Policy
- Family Changes and Policy
Services outside CityU
- 2013 - Now, External Examiner - Higher Diploma in Social Work, Chinese University of Hong Kong – School of Continuing Education .
- 2009 - Now, Assessor, Social Work Qualification Assessment Panel, Social Workers Registration Board.Hong Kong.
Services in CityU
- Jul 2016 - Now, Communications and Public Relations Office, Director.
- Nov 2015 - Jun 2016, Communication and Public Relations Office, Acting Director.
- 2013 - 2016, City University of Hong Kong , Dean of Students .
- 2013 - Now, Member, Management Board, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2013 - Now, Member, Committee Against Sexual Harassment, City University of HK.
- Jul 2011 - Jan 2012, Acting Head, Department of Applied Social Studies.
- 2011 - 2013, Programme Leader, BSocSc Applied Sociology.
- 2006 - 2012, Associate Head, Department of Applied Social Studies.
- 2006 - 2008, Founding Programme Leader, MSocSc Applied Sociology.
- 2005 - 2006, Founding Programme Leader, MSocSc Social Work.
- 2002 - 2007, Founding Residence Master, City University of Hong Kong HSBC .
Research / Thesis Supervision
- Sep 2016 - Now, PhD - Miss Chan LIU, Fund Raising in China.
- Sep 2016 - Now, PhD - Miss Tianli QIAN, Elderly Care in China.
- Sep 2013 - Now, PhD - Miss Ran DUAN, Individualisation in Workplace in China.
- Sep 2012 - May 2016, PhD - Miss Xiaoqing TANG - Social Inclusion in Urban China.
- Sep 2008 - May 2012, PhD - Dr. Kang HU, Civic Engagement in Urban China.
- Sep 2007 - Aug 2010, PhD - Dr. Ying WANG, Managing Institutions - Minban Secondary School in China.
- 2012 - 2015, Social Welfare Servies and Issues.
- 2008 - Now, Soical Risk Analysis.
- 2006 - 2014, Integrative Project - MSocSc Applied Sociology.
- 2005 - 2013, Contemporary Social Welfare: Issues and Debates.
External Academic / Research Positions
- Research Fellow, Center for Economic and Social Studies in Asia, Yokohama National University, Yokohama, Japan, 2012 -
- Research Fellow, Risk Society and Policy Research Center, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, 2010 -
- Visiting Professor, Department of Social Work, Changsha Social Work College, Changsha, Hunan, China, 2006 –
- Research Associate, Southeast Asia Research Centre, City University of Hong Kong, 2003 –
- Visiting Professor, Department of Sociology, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, June - August 2010
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Journal of Comparative and International Social Policy
- International Journal of Public & Private Healthcare Management and Economics
- Open Journal of Political Science
- International Journal of Social Science Studies
- Open Journal of Social Sciences