Dr. CHAN Kwok Hong Raymond (陳國康)
PhD Sociology (Essex)
MA Social Service Planning (Essex)
M Online Ed (USQ)
Grad Cert Open & Distance Learning (USQ)
Cert Psychotherapeutic (Derby)
RSW, Hong Kong Social Workers Registration Board
- Social Risk and Social Policy
- Life course social policy
- Comparative Social Policy in East Asia
- Labor Policy
- Family Changes and Policy
Services outside CityU
- 2013 - Now, External Examiner - Higher Diploma in Social Work, Chinese University of Hong Kong – School of Continuing Education .
- 2009 - Now, Assessor, Social Work Qualification Assessment Panel, Social Workers Registration Board.Hong Kong.
Services in CityU
- Jul 2016 - Now, Communications and Public Relations Office, Director.
- Nov 2015 - Jun 2016, Communication and Public Relations Office, Acting Director.
- 2013 - 2016, City University of Hong Kong , Dean of Students .
- 2013 - Now, Member, Management Board, City University of Hong Kong.
- 2013 - Now, Member, Committee Against Sexual Harassment, City University of HK.
- Jul 2011 - Jan 2012, Acting Head, Department of Applied Social Studies.
- 2011 - 2013, Programme Leader, BSocSc Applied Sociology.
- 2006 - 2012, Associate Head, Department of Applied Social Studies.
- 2006 - 2008, Founding Programme Leader, MSocSc Applied Sociology.
- 2005 - 2006, Founding Programme Leader, MSocSc Social Work.
- 2002 - 2007, Founding Residence Master, City University of Hong Kong HSBC .
Research / Thesis Supervision
- Sep 2016 - Now, PhD - Miss Chan LIU, Fund Raising in China.
- Sep 2016 - Now, PhD - Miss Tianli QIAN, Elderly Care in China.
- Sep 2013 - Now, PhD - Miss Ran DUAN, Individualisation in Workplace in China.
- Sep 2012 - May 2016, PhD - Miss Xiaoqing TANG - Social Inclusion in Urban China.
- Sep 2008 - May 2012, PhD - Dr. Kang HU, Civic Engagement in Urban China.
- Sep 2007 - Aug 2010, PhD - Dr. Ying WANG, Managing Institutions - Minban Secondary School in China.
- 2012 - 2015, Social Welfare Servies and Issues.
- 2008 - Now, Soical Risk Analysis.
- 2006 - 2014, Integrative Project - MSocSc Applied Sociology.
- 2005 - 2013, Contemporary Social Welfare: Issues and Debates.
External Academic / Research Positions
- Research Fellow, Center for Economic and Social Studies in Asia, Yokohama National University, Yokohama, Japan, 2012 -
- Research Fellow, Risk Society and Policy Research Center, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, 2010 -
- Visiting Professor, Department of Social Work, Changsha Social Work College, Changsha, Hunan, China, 2006 –
- Research Associate, Southeast Asia Research Centre, City University of Hong Kong, 2003 –
- Visiting Professor, Department of Sociology, Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, June - August 2010
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Journal of Comparative and International Social Policy
- International Journal of Public & Private Healthcare Management and Economics
- Open Journal of Political Science
- International Journal of Social Science Studies
- Open Journal of Social Sciences
Below displays the top Fingerprint concepts, per subject area for this Expert. Fingerprint concepts that appear on this page are based on all the research output produced by this Expert.