Prof. LAM Kwan Sing Paul (林群聲)
- Chair Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Chief-of-Staff, Office of the President
- Director (H2O), Research Centre for Oceans and Human Health
- Director (SKLMP), State Key Laboratory of Marine Pollution (City University of Hong Kong)
Paul Lam studied for his Bachelor and Master's degrees at the University of Hong Kong between 1979 and 1984. He was awarded a Commonwealth Scholarship in 1984 to undertake his doctorate study at the University of Sheffield in England. He took up a Postdoctoral Fellowship at King's College, the University of London before returning to Hong Kong to take up a lecturing position at the City Polytechnic of Hong Kong in 1988. He has subsequently held tenured positions in a number of universities both in Hong Kong and overseas, including the Chinese University of Hong Kong (1990-1992) and the Victoria University in Australia (1992-1994). He joined the Department of Biology and Chemistry at the City University of Hong Kong in 1994.
- Environmental Measurement & Analysis
- Environmental Toxicology & Risk Assessment