Ka-Chun has spent 3.5 years (2012-13 departmental average: 6 years after master degree) to finish a PhD degree in Department of Computer Science at University of Toronto proudly under the supervision of Professor ZHANG ZhaoLei (CCBR) at the end of 2014. After that, he becomes an independent researcher. He is merited as the first associate editor outside USA and Germanyfor the open-access journal, BioData Mining, in 2016. In addition, he is on the editorial board of Applied Soft Computing (No. 1 in Evolutionary Computation according to 2016 Google Scholar) since 2016. He is invited as the plenary speaker for ICBCB 2017 (Hong Kong) in 2017. In addition, he has solely edited 2 books published by Springer and CRC Press, attracting 30 peer-reviewed book chapters around the world (i.e. Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Spain, USA).
Big Data Analytics
Applied Machine Learning
Applied Data Mining
- 2017 “General Research Fund” (56 out of 188 CS professors), RGC, Hong Kong.
- 2016 “Early Career Scheme” (largest 2016 ECS in CS area), RGC, Hong Kong.
- 2015 “Assistant Professorship” CS, Cty University of Hong Kong.
- 2015 “Doctor of Philosophy” CS, University of Toronto.
- 2013 “Acres - Joseph Yonan Memorial Fellowship” CS, University of Toronto.
- 2012 “Kwok Sau Po Scholarship” SGS, University of Toronto.
- 2012 “Acres - Joseph Yonan Memorial Fellowship” CS, University of Toronto.
- 2011 “International PhD Funding Package” CCBR, University of Toronto.
- 2010 “Provost Award” KAUST.
- 2008 “RGC Postgraduate Studentship” The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 2007 “Dean List” Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 2007 “Chiu Fuk San Prize” United College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 2005 “Multiple Scholarships for HK A-level” Concordia Lutheran School.
- 2004 “Championship ” Computer Game Concept Competition by Sha Tin IVE.
- 2003 “Multiple Scholarships for HKCEE” Concordia Lutheran School.