Junhui Hou is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong (CityU) since Jan 2017. He received the BEng. degree in information engineering (Talented Students Program) from the South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, in 2009, the MEng. degree in signal and information processing from Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China, in 2012, and the PhD degree from the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, NTU, Singapore, in 2016. His research interests fall into the general areas of visual signal processing, such as image/video/3D geometry data representation, processing, and analysis (RGBD/light field/hyperspectral/mesh/point cloud/MoCap), semi-supervised/unsupervised modeling for clustering/classification, and data compression and adaptive transmission. He was the recipient of the prestigious award of Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Study Abroad in 2015 from China Scholarship Council and Early Career Award in 2018 from Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC).
- Multimedia Signal Processing
- Image/Video Representations and Analysis (RGB/Depth/Light Field/Hyperspectral)
- Static/Dynamic 3D Geometry Representations and Processing (Mesh/Point Cloud/MoCap)
- Semi-supervised/unsupervised data modeling
- Data compression and adaptive transmission