Ph.D., Nuclear Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2005)
M.S., Nuclear Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University (1999)
B.S., Thermal Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (1997)
Professor, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (2022-Now)
Associate Professor, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (2015-2022)
Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2010-2015)
Senior Engineer, Framatome (AREVA NP), Lynchburg, VA, USA (2005-2010)
Engineer, Nuclear and Radiation Safety Center, Chinese Ministry of the Environmental Protection (2000-2001)
Award and Achievement
- 2021, The President's Awards, City University of Hong Kong.
2020 “Highly Cited Paper award”, Applied Energy.
2017 “Outstanding Paper Award by Applied Energy ICAE2016”, Applied Energy.
- 2016 “Student Paper Competition Award” 24th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Charlotte North Carolina , United States.
2014 “Best Paper Award” Progress in Nuclear Energy.
2012 “Best Team Supervisor” Design and Innovative Project Competition, Nanyang Technological University.
2009 “Corporate Recognition Award for Excellence” AREVA NP.
2004 “Best Teaching Assistant Award” Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering, MIT.
- Multiscale Boiling and Condensation
- Nuclear Reactor Thermal-hydraulics and Safety
- Supercritical Fluids Applications in Energy Systems
- Bubble and Droplet Dynamics
- Thermal and Fluids Engineering
Services outside CityU
- 2021-Now, Associate Editor, Heat Transfer Engineering (Taylor & Francis)
- 2021-Now, Editorial Board Member, Experimental and Computational Multiphase Flow (Springer)
- 2016-Now, Advisory Editor, Annals of Nuclear Energy (Elsevier)
- Technical Program Committee member and session chairs, 11th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics, Operations and Safety (NUTHOS-11), Gyeongju, Korea, 2016
- Keynote speaker and Technical Program Committee member, 13th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics, Operations and Safety (NUTHOS-13), Hsinchu Taiwan, 2022
Services in CityU
- 2018 - 2022, Member, College Board of Engineering
- 2015 - 2018, Deputy Program Leader and Co-Chair, Nuclear and Risk Engineering Program.