Ph.D., Nuclear Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2005)
M.S., Nuclear Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University (1999)
B.S., Thermal Engineering (Nuclear Power), Huazhong University of Science and Technology (1997)
Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2010-2014)
Senior Nuclear Engineer, AREVA NP, Lynchburg, VA (2005-2010)
Nuclear Engineer, Nuclear and Radiation Safety Center, Chinese Ministry of the Environmental Protection (2000-2001)
Award and Achievement
2020 “Highly Cited Paper award” Applied Energy.
2017 “Outstanding Paper Award by Applied Energy ICAE2016” Applied Energy.
- 2016 “Student Paper Competition Award” 24th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering, Charlotte North Carolina , United States.
2014 “Best Paper Award” Progress in Nuclear Energy.
2012 “Best Team Supervisor” Design and Innovative Project Competition, Nanyang Technological University.
2009 “Corporate Recognition Award for Excellence” AREVA NP.
2004 “Best Teaching Assistant Award” Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering, MIT.
- Reactor Thermal-hydraulics and Safety
- Multiphase Flow and Heat Transfer
- Battery Energy Storage and Renewable Energy Systems
Services outside CityU
- 9 Oct 2016 - 13 Oct 2016, Technical Program Committee member and session chairs, 11th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics, Operations and Safety (NUTHOS-11), Gyeongju, Korea.
- 2016 - Now, Advisory Editor, Annals of Nuclear Energy.
Services in CityU
- 2015 - 2018, Deputy Program Leader and Co-Chair, Nuclear and Risk Engineering Program.