Prof. ZHU Jian Hua Jonathan (祝建華)
BA (Fudan University), MA (Fudan University), PhD (Indiana University, US)
- Chair Professor, Department of Media and Communication
- Director (CCR), Centre for Communication Research
- Chair Professor, School of Data Science
I teach new media theory (diffusion, use, and impact), quantitative methods (survey, experiment, content analysis, statistical analysis), and new technologies (Internet, multimedia, and database). Most recently, I teach a university general education (GE) course on social network analysis for media, business and technological applications.
My current research projects involve growth of online social networks, sustainability of social media, diffusion and use of social computing, internationalization of communication research, among others.
I coordinate a Web Mining Lab, in which a group of postdoctoral fellows, doctoral students, research assistants, and occasional visitors carry out interdisciplinary projects.
A list of my publications in SCI/SSCI journals, along with citation and collaboration information, is compiled by ResearcherID.com.
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Communication Research: 2000-present
- International Journal of Public Opinion Research: 2002-present
- Asian Journal of Communication: 2003-present
Services outside CityU
- Member of Academic Committee, Shenzhen Key Lab for Cloud Computing Technology and Applications, Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School, 2010-12.
- Chang Jiang Chair Professor of Communication, Renmin University of China, 2007-10.
- Member of Panel of Humanities, Social Science and Business Studies, Research Grants Council, Hong Kong SAR, 2007-09.
- President of Chinese Communication Association (USA), 2002-04.