Prof. ZHANG Jiachen (張甲晨)
Postdoc (Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems)
Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
MSc (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
BEng (Harbin Engineering University)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering
Jiachen Zhang obtained his Ph.D. in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering under the supervision of Prof. Eric Diller from University of Toronto in 2018. Before joining CityU, he was a postdoc fellow in the group of Prof. Metin Sitti at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, where he conducted research in soft milli-robotics, smart materials, and advanced manufacturing. During his stay in Germany, he was awarded the Humboldt research fellowship. His research interests include milli/micro robotics, soft and medical robotics, and biomedical instrumentation.
- Milli/Micro Robotics
- Soft and Medical Robotics
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- 1 Oct 2019 - 31 May 2021, Research Fellowship, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- 1 Apr 2019 - 31 May 2021, Postdoc fellow, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems. Physical Intelligence department with Prof. Metin Sitti.
- 1 Aug 2014 - 8 Nov 2018, Research Assistant, University of Toronto. Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Microrobotics lab, Prof. Eric Diller.
- University of Toronto, Mobile device for grasping and active release of objects, US Patent No. US11,285,599, 29 Mar 2022. Inventors: Eric Diller, ZHANG Jiachen.
- Jun 2022 - Now, Graduate, Robotics in Minimally Invasive Healthcare.