Mr. Kharraz is a PhD Fellow under the guidance of Dr. Alicia AN at the School of Energy and Environment (SEE), City University of Hong Kong (Kowloon, HK). He received his Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Water & Environmental Engineering for his work on the Development of Corrugated Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Membranes for Fouling Control in Membranes Bioreactors (MBR) and Membrane Distillation (MD) by the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, MI (Abu Dhabi, UAE) in May 2015. He holds a Bachelor's (BS) degree in Civil Engineering from An-Najah National University (Nablus, Palestine) since January 2012. Mr. Kharraz is a member of the Jordan Engineers Association (JEA), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and Engineers Without Borders (EWB). He has been awarded the prestigious Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Award (2018-2021) and the Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship, in addition to the recipiance of multiple international research fellowships and scholarships. He is an author of 7 book chapters and peer-reviewed journal papers and 5 conference papers and presentations. The focus of Mr. Kharraz’s research interests is on the development of novel fouling-resistance membranes for desalination and wastewater treatment applications (particularly Membrane Distillation MD) and on sustainability assessment of autonomous, renewable energy-powered desalination systems.
- Memebrane Development and Fabrication.
- Membrane Distillation.
- Membrane Fouling.
- Solar Desalination
- Sustainable Desalination.
"Development of Corrugated Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Membranes for Fouling Control in Membranes Bioreactors (MBR) and Membrane Distillation (MD)" © 2015 Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
2016: Development of solar powered reverse osmosis/nanofiltration (RO/NF) system for brackish water desalination in remote communities.
2014: Comparative life cycle assessment (LCA) of conventional and geothermal residential heating and cooling systems
2013: Development of novel corrugated PVDF membranes for membrane distillation (MD) desalination and membrane bioreactor (MBR) wastewater treatment application.
2013: Engineering open anaerobic microbial fermentation for conversion of organic waste into biofuel.
- Recipient of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Award (2018-2021), Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong, March 2018.
- Recipient of the Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship (2018-2019), Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies, City University of Hong Kong, March 2018.
- Recipient of the Karlsruhe Institute Of Technology Research Scholarship (2016-2017), Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany, January 2016.
- Recipient of the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology Research Scholarship (2013-2015), Masdar Institute, UAE, February 2013.