Prof. Hui-Hui Dai's research interests include: 1) Mathematics and mechanics of phase transitions and bifurcation phenomena in solids; 2) Nonlinear waves in solids and solitons; 3) Asymptotic methods and their applications to problems in mechanics. He is serving on the editorial boards of International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics and International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Applications. He has organised a number of international conferences and served as the programme secretary of the Hong Kong Mathematics Society and a member of the executive committee of the Hong Kong Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics. Currently, he is the departmental project leader on joint supervision schemes with Wuhan University, Zhengzhou University and Zhongshan University.
- Nonlinear Waves in Solids and Soliton Equations
- Mathematical Modeling and Analysis for Smart and Biological Materials
- Asymptotic Methods and Their Applications in Mechanics
Editor or Editorial Membership
- International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics (SCI, published by Elsevier)
- Journal of Hydrodynamics (published by Elsevier)
- International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Applications (published by Global press)
Participating in or organising a conference / an event
- Main organiser of an International Workshop on Nonlinear Elasticity, Hong Kong, April 6–9, 2000.
- Main organiser of an International Workshop on Nonlinear Waves in Solids, Hong Kong, June 8–11, 2000
- Co-Chair of the organising committee of "The Second Workshop on Industrial Applications" held in Hong Kong from 4–8 December, 2006.
- Co-Chair of the organising committee for the International Conference on Applied Mathematics: Modeling, Analysis and Computation, 1–5 June, 2008, Hong Kong.
- Co-Chair of the organising committee for the International Conference on Applied Analysis and Scientific Computation, June 25–28, 2009, Shanghai.
- Main Organiser of "The Third Workshop on Industrial Applications" held in Hong Kong from 7–11 December, 2009.