Dr. SUN Hongyi (孫洪義)
BSc (HarbinUST), M.Eng.(HIT), PhD(AalborgU), Cert.-University Pedagogy (BerganU), SrMIEEE(USA), MIIE(USA)
- Associate Professor, Department of Advanced Design and Systems Engineering
- BSc in Computer Science, Harbin University of Science and Technology, China, 1983
- Master in Management Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), China, 1986
- PhD in Industrial Management, Aalborg University, Denmark, 1993
- Certificate in Pedagogy for Higher Education, Bergan University, Norway, 1997
- 1998-, Assistant Professor (1998), Associate Professor (2001), Dept of Manufacturing Eng'g & Eng'g Management, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- 1994-1998, Associate Professor, Dept of Management, University of Stavanger, Norway.
- 1991-1994, Teaching Assistant, Post Doctor Fellow, Research Fellow, Department of Production, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- 1986-1990, Lecturer, Department of Management Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), China.
- Quality management and business excellence
- Technology and innovation management in HK/China
- Manufacturing sustainability and global manufacturing
- Education of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship under Chinese culture
- GE2304: Innovation and entrepreneurship for young professionals
- GE1208: Communication and Teamwork
- SEEM 4040: Entrepreneurship for Engineers
- SEEM 6012: Management of Technological Innovation
- The first prize research award on innovation and entrepreneurship education, China Association of Higher Education, Beijing, 15 April 2013
- CityU Teaching Excellence Award (TEA) 2005/2006, 2011/2012
- The Best Practical/Policy paper, International Conference on Entrepreneurship Education by Emerald Publisher, Li Ka-Shing Education Foundation and Shantou University, September 2010, Shantou, China
- First Prize Paper, “The four basic questions for nurturing innovation talents”, Annual Symposium by Society of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education, China Association of Higher Education, June 2010, Xi’an, China
- Visiting Professor, Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), Aug-Dec 2009
- Adjunct Professor, Shenzhen Graduate School, Harbin Institute of Technology
Services in CityU
- Provisional Programme Leader: Engineering Doctorate (Engineering Management)(International)
- Member, Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM)
Editor or Editorial Membership
- International Journal of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Technology Management (TECHNOVATION)
- International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management
- International Journal of Learning and Changes