Dr. LIM Eugene C
Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.), Master of Laws (LL.M.) (Toronto, Canada)
Dr. Eugene C. Lim holds a Doctorate in Juridical Science (S.J.D.) from the University of Toronto, where he was a graduate fellow with the Centre for Innovation Law & Policy (CILP).
Dr. Lim specializes in international and comparative intellectual property and technology law, with allied interests in tort law, international trade regulation and entertainment law. He has published in the fields of biotechnology law, theories of compliance with international law, international intellectual property regulation, and the law relating to psychiatric injury. He teaches a variety of courses for the School of Law’s LL.M. (IP and Technology Law) stream, and has delivered modules on company law, applied legal theory, jurisprudence and political theory at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- International and Comparative Intellectual Property Law
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Intellectual Property Law
- Consumer Perceptions of Non-Traditional Trademarks (NTTMs)
- Biotechnology Law and Policy
- Media and Entertainment Law
- WTO / TRIPS Dispute Settlement
- The Interface between Intellectual Property Law and Human Rights
- Theories of Compliance with International Law, particularly Constructivist Approaches to International Law
- Law of Tort
- Legal Theory and Political Philosophy