My primary research interests are in the areas of cloud computing and network security, with current focus on securing the data and computation outsourced into the cloud. I obtained my Bachelor and Master degree from Wuhan University, and PhD degree from Illinois Institute of Technology. I was a member of UbiSeC Lab at IIT from 2008 to 2012, and worked at Palo Alto Research Center in the summer of 2011.
I am looking for self-motivated students to work with me on the exciting area of cloud computing and security. Please contact me if you are interested. You can find more details of my current research here.
- Kurt Partridge, Ersin Uzun, Cong Wang, and Manas Pathak, "Privacy-Preserving Behavior Targeting for Digital Coupons", US patent filed in December 2011.
- Manas Pathak, Richard Chow, Elaine Shi, and Cong Wang, "Privacy-preserving Collaborative Filtering", filed on December 8th, 2011, US Patent Application No. 13/314,748.
- TPC member for IEEE Military Communications Conference (IEEE MILCOM 2012), IEEE Global Communications Conference (IEEE Globecom 2012), and The 2012 Summer FTRA International Symposium on Advances in Cryptography, Security and Applications for Future Computing (ACSA-Summer).
- Webchair for International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing (ICDCS-SPCC'12).
- Organizing volunteer for ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, CCS 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Cloud Computing
- Data and Computation Outsourcing Security
- Access Control
- Computer and Mobile Networks