Dr. Chunhua Liu received his B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in automatic control from Beijing Institute of Technology, China, in 2002 and 2005, respectively. He received his Ph.D. degree in electrical and electronic engineering from The University of Hong Kong in 2009. From Mar. 2010 to Aug. 2013, he served as Postdoctoral Fellow at Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Hong Kong. From Sep. 2013 to Aug. 2014, he served as Assistant Professor, and then in 2015 as Honorary Assistant Professor also at The University of Hong Kong.
Dr. Liu joined the School in CityU as Assistant Professor in Aug 2015. His research interest covers the Electrical Energy and Power Technologies for smart energy conversion, integration, distribution, and utilization, including electric motors and drives, electric generators; electric vehicle technologies, vehicle-to-home, vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-grid; smart grid & microgrid technologies; sustainable & renewable energy systems; wireless power transfer technologies, and smart devices for robotics. He is all-round in electrical and electronic engineering and hence accomplished over 30 projects in the abovementioned areas and corresponding abundant publication record.
Dr. Liu is Senior Member of the IEEE, Member of IEEE Societies of IES, PES, IAS & RAS, and serves as Reviewer for over 30 international journals. He serves as Associate Editor of IET – Renewable Power Generation, and Editorial Board Member of Wireless Power Transfer from Cambridge Journals, etc.. He has published over 70 leading papers in journals and over 30 papers in conferences in 2015. His Google-Scholar Citations are over 1800 in June 2015.
Dr. Liu has been invited by Proceeding of the IEEE for contributing two long papers on vehicle-to-grid in 2013 and advanced electric devices for microgrids in 2015, respectively. Furthermore, he is now preparing one book with topic of Smart Energy for Wiley-IEEE Press and has published one book chapter for Nova Science. His teaching and research philosophy follows the terms of APCP (Active – Positive – Creative – Productive).
Welcome to visit his Google-Scholar profile.
Dr. Liu's research interest covers the Electrical Energy and Power Technologies for smart energy conversion, integration, distribution, and utilization. He aims to perform the concept of Smart Energy to better human life
- Electric Motors & Drives, Electric Generators: Permanent-Magnet (PM) Machines & Drives, PM Hybrid-excited Brushless Machines & Drives, Memory Machines & Drives, Magnetic-geared Machines & Drives, Linear Machines & Drives, Superconducting Machines, Magnetless Machines, Double-Stator Machines, Double-Rotor Machines, Machine Design Strategies and Fault-Tolerant Controls.
- Electric Vehicle Technologies: Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G), Energy-Efficiency Technologies, Energy Storage and Management Techniques, Electric Propulsion Systems, Electric Variable Transmission Systems, Integrated-Starter-Generator Systems, Magnetic Gears, and EV & Environment Policy.
- Sustainable & Renewable Energy Systems: Wind Power Generation System, Solar Power Generation System, Wave Power Generation System, Thermal Power Generation System, Hybrid-Source Sustainable Generation Systems, Isolated Gird-off & Grid-connected Systems.
- Smart Grid & Micro Grid Technologies: Advancing Generation Systems, Renewable Energy Integration, Distributed Energy Storages & Management for Grid Applications, Smart Robotic System for Power-Line Fault Diagnosis, Advanced Electric Devices for Power Grids.
- Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) Technologies & Power Electronics: Inductive Power Transfer, Magnetic Resonance Coupling for WPT; WPT for Energy Conversion; WPT for Mars Exploring; WPT for Air-Charging of Drones; Brushless DC & AC Drive Circuits, Power Converters, Interface Circuits for Micro Grids, Bidirectional Converters for V2G. Smart Robotic Devices.
Editor or Editorial Membership
- Editorial Board Member of Cambridge University Press, Cambridge Journals: Wireless Power Transfer, UK. 2014/03~present.
- Editorial Board Member of “International Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy” Journal of Science Publishing Group, USA, 2014/08~present.
- Senior Member of the IEEE 2014-present, (Student Member 2005~2009, Member 2009~2013).
- Associate Editor of IET – Renewable Power Generation, UK, 2014/09~present.
- Invited Reviewer for over 30 Journals: Proceeding of IEEE, IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Trans. on Power System, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Trans. on Sustainable Energy, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, IEEE Trans. on Transportation Electrification, IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Transactions and Magazine, IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, IET Electric Power Applications, IET Renewable Power Generation, Progress in Electromagnetics Research, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Journal of Asian Electric Vehicles, Journal of Magnetics, Energies, MDPI Applied Sciences, IEEE IES Proceedings, IEEE PES Proceedings, Europe ICEM Proceeding, Proceeding of the CSEE (China), etc.
- Conference Service: Special Section Editor of “Power Conversion, Control and Management for Renewable Energy,” 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT2015), Seville, Spain, March 17~19, 2015.
- Conference Service: Special Section Editor of “Advancing Electric Vehicle Technologies,” 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2015), Yokohama, Japan, Nov. 9~12, 2015.
- Conference Service: Special Section Editor of “Wireless Power Transfer,” 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2015), Yokohama, Japan, Nov. 9~12, 2015.
- Conference Service: Special Section Editor of “Advanced Electric Machines and Emerging Technologies for Smart Energy Conversion,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT2016), Taipei, Taiwan, March 14~17, 2016.
- Conference Service: Technical Program Committee Member of RPG 2016 International Conference on Renewable Power Generation, London, UK, Sep. 21~22, 2016.