Chi Wan (Albert) Sung received his B.Eng, M.Phil and Ph.D in Information Engineering from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1993, 1995, and 1998, respectively. He joined City University of Hong Kong in 2000, and is now an Associate Professor of the Department of Electronic Engineering. He is the Major Programme Leader of Bachelor of Engineering in Information Engineering. He is on the editorial board of the ETRI journal and of the Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT).
He is interested in communications and networking problems, and has worked in the areas of multiple access, power control, resource allocation, network coding, and distributed storage systems. He was a co-recipient of the Best Communication Systems and Network Paper Award at the 10th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP) 2016.
- EE3009 Data Communications and Networking
- EE4212 Information and Coding
- Power Control for Interference Management
- Algorithm Design and Complexity Analysis for Network Problems
- Wireless Communications
- Distributed Storage Systems
Current PhD Students
- Yaru Fu
- Xueqing Gong
- Ping Hu, "Repair and Security and Distributed Storage Systems," Sep 2016.
- Quan Yu, "Heterogenous Distributed Storage Systems: Modeling, Optimization and Coding," Oct 2014.
- Linyu Huang, "Wireless Broadcast with Network Coding," Sep 2014.
- Ye Liu, "Quality-Aware Network Coding for Wireless Networks," Sep 2014.
- Mingjun Dai, "Cooperative Strategies for Wireless Relay Channels under Slow Fading," May 2012.
- Peng Zhang, "Transmission Strategies and Resource Allocation for Wireless Cooperative Networks," Jun 2010.
- Ping Hu, "Cooperative Strategies for Gaussian Parallel Relay Networks," Sep 2009.