Chi-Kit Andy Siu received his B.Sc. degree (1997) and M.Phil. (1999) and Ph.D. (2003) degrees from the Chinese University of Hong Kong under the supervision of Zhifeng Liu. He won an Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship in 2003 and worked as a postdoctoral fellow in the research group of Vladimir E. Bondybey at the Technical University of Munich (2003 - 2005). In 2005 - 2009, he worked as a postdoctoral fellow in the research groups of K. W. Michael Siu and Alan C. Hopkinson at York University. He joined the City University of Hong Kong in November 2009.
- 2009 - 2015, Assistant Professor, City University of Hong Kong.
2005 - 2009, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry and Centre for Research in Mass Spectrometry, York University, Canada.
2003 - 2005, Postdoctoral Fellow, Institut für Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie, Technische Universität München, Germany.
- 2002 - 2003, Research Assistant, Department of Chemistry, the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 1997 - 2002, Graduate Assistant, Department of Chemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Computational chemistry
- Density functional theory molecular dynamics studies on the mechanisms of chemical reactions at finite temperatures
- Dissociation chemistry of biomolecular ions in the gas phase
Services outside CityU
- 2016 - Now, Honorary Secretary, Hong Kong Society of Mass Spectromery.
- 2014 - 2016, Council Member, Hong Kong Society of Mass Spectromery.
- 2013 - Now, Member, Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2011 - Now, Member, American Chemical Society.
- 2006 - Now, Member, American Society for Mass Spectrometry.
Services in CityU
- 2012 - Now, Internationalization Committee of CSE, Member.
- 2010 - Now, Departmental Student Exchange, Coordinator.
- 2015 - Now, Gateway Education, GE1346 The Chemists’ Kitchen (The Science of Food and Cooking).
- 2013 - Now, Gateway Education, GE1302 The Science of Art (“The Sound of Music”).
- 2012 - Now, UG, BCH1100 Chemistry.
- 2011 - 2012, UG, BCH2803 Environment: Stresses and Solutions.
- 2010 - 2012, UG, BCH1049 Chemistry I.
- 2010 - 2012, UG, BCH2005 Principles of Environmental Chemistry (Atmospheric Chemistry).
- 2010 - Now, UG, BCH3015 Organic Chemistry (Spectroscopy).
2010 - Now, PhD, BCH8008 Advanced Chemical Instrumentation for Research (Mass Spectrometry and Related Topics).
- 2010 - now, Principal Horn, City University Philharmonic Orchestra.